what do ya think of this moped?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eltatertoto, May 4, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

2. Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

what do ya mean dude??? im really just trying to be easy on the pocket book. i kinda feel guilty, cause my ma promised to buy this on my 15th b-day, back when i was 9, and she thought i forgot. little did she remember, i kept the paper, she promised/signed hidden all these years. so im REALLY trying to stay on the cheap, but we'll see what she says, we really havent had time to talk withought other eyes/ears. and according to state this is PERFECT to comply with the law.

5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Tater, keep in mind that they are talking advertised max. speed. It may have little to do with reality. It looks to me like the engine and drive train are the same. Slightly different tires.

6. kerf

kerf Guest

Save your money, if you want reliable performance get a motorcycle. Honda, Suzuki etc., with at least 250cc's and a real transmission. There is a reason Srdavo found the 49cc Honda, with only 144 miles on it, for sale on E-bay. Somebody bought it for transportation and it wasn't doing the job.

MB's are fun to build and fun to ride but when serious transport is required, don't bother going cheap with a Chinese scooter, you'll waste your money.

7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, according to my ma, she would prefer to go to the local yamaha and look at mpoeds there, as for the motorcycle thing, i am not waiting another 2 years! lol but we'll see what she says when she sees prices.... anyway, i hope i get somthing decently reliable, cause it would be nice to go to family gatherings in south haven (bout 20 miles) and leave, when my uncle or somone says im an idiot or somthing and im gonna kill myself riding my "idiot bike"

8. Jim H

Jim H Guest

I have a chinese scooter and it does about 35mph. It's a little small for me but is fun to ride...not as fun as my mb but it has good brakes, lights, shocks and no fuel or bolt issues. It is a 49cc Roketta Maui, cheap and affordable and so far, dependable.

9. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks for the input jim. would it be possible to get some pics of the storage compartments, if yours has any? cause i just wanna get an idea of the size.

10. Jim H

Jim H Guest

No pics at the moment but it has what amounts to an open glovebox where you can put sunglasses and small items and a storage compartment under the seat which isn't large enough to hold my full face helmet but which does have enough room to store a jacket and gloves and other items. It's a nice scoot for the price I paid. Use a back pack or buy a top box if you want more storage. Scootertronics sells anything you need or want related to scoots.

11. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

sweet, thanks for the input. ill definately buy a top box, as these have that rack thing, but ill be itching to get it the next couple months. i might buy it, and just lay low....oh, and i have a full face helmet also, but i am definately getting somthing that will hold it, cause back in the 80s, it was expensive (dads old helmet)

12. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

dude i going to tell you the truth sunl is the WORST BRAND OUT THERE now they do have a good top out i can say they do 50mph and im 235lbs thats fast for stock but they brake for any reason if i where you i would buy a used name brand one for use

i got a 50cc 2 stroke rare 1987 honda spree or also called the dio/elite 50 or areo this lil moped is a beast and got it for 220

13. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

14. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, im gonna scout ebay some more. try to find name brand for under a grand...... but itll be hard...

15. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

16. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks for the links, turbo. since the yamaha is only a bit away, i wont be ordering online though. but ill scout the store the next time im out there, and let ya know. thanks for the links!