What do you do with your old gas mix?

madcroc

Local time
3:26 PM
I've got a gallon of gas with various types of 2-cycle oil and different ratios and I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. I read somewhere that it's okay to put it in my car, but I'm not sure.

What do you folks do with your old gas that you've drained from your tanks?

Lawn mower is just fine, might smoke a little but it will do, dump it in your cars tank when its near empty and fill it up with gas and it wil be OK

I never have any left because i have a weedeater, a leafblower, a chain saw, a 2 stroke dirt bike and 2 bicycles with 2 strokes on them.
IF for some reason i do have left over gas-oil mix, i either use it to start a fire to burn wood in my firepit, or i just dump it in my lawn tractor gas tank and burn it up while i mow the grass.
if all else fails, take ot to your nearest recycle center....but that's the same as dumong $$ down the drain.
you can put it in your car, but be warned...it WILL smoke a little out the exhaust, and if your car has any sensors that are weak or on their way to being no good, the 2 stroke oil may cause them to go belly up.

I have run the stuff in my 4 stroke bike when I was low on gas- runs just fine.
Works in mowers and non-computer cars.

Give it to my friend for his 2 stroke pocket rocket. he doesn't care what fuel he puts in his tank as long and his pocket rocket moves lol

and sometimes burn it. (controlled environment) lol

It actually good

to use in a car in small doses. Many of us use marvel mystery oil in our gas tanks as well as tcw3 to lube the fuel pump , gas lines , and clean the upper cylinders like lucas ucl does. 2-4 ounces per tank is about right.
check bobistheoilguy for confirmation .
Oh no , now you'll never be back . That site is addicting.

Adding it a little at a time to an almost full tank of gas to your car should be fine. I wouldn't dump 2 gallons at a time in there at once, tho.

Back