What engine should I buy? Ebay, etc?

which engine?

i have two kingsmotors 80cc, 48cc, and a other brand 80cc. my kingsmotors have performed flawlessly for over a year :) , and they're ridden daily. Hard, too. the other brand 80cc hasnt made it down the street yet. :censored:

dude it all in how you are going to use it , if your going to bash on the motor ,not follow all the break in stuff, then it going to get you trouble, if you take care of it it will do you fine......

now dax is good for a in-frame mount motor they will stand behind the motor and his prices are just right

kings is hard to get someone but they will do you right and his prices are moderate

live fast motors has good customer service but they are the most$$$ out of pocket for in frame motor

GEBE I haven't gotten my motors from them yet but they are a delight on the phone and willing to go the extra mile to help you out.....cant wait till i get my product from them

Staton inc is the only ones that I know of that offer you a gear and chain drive but like GEBE, be prepaired to lift 600 + from your wallet and have the wife to want something out of it too

so all in all it like the old rivales between Harbor freight & Craftsman

you get what you pay for!!!!!

re

I'm a bit dubious of the parts included in any of the kits.

Are there any recommended upgrades to the components that I should undertake for maximum reliability? Chain, clutch lever, wire, etc.?

well lets start with what do you need it for ,
how far are you going to ride in a day?
are you in hill country or flat lands?
yes this counts too how big are you ?
what kind of bike is it going on?

and the big one how much cash you got?

sound like a car salesman :eek:

what engine should i buy?

A key to reliabilty lies not solely in parts, but it maintenance, as well. For me, one thing that really helps is stepping off the bike and tightening everything. EVERYTHING (that needs to be tightened). Every nut, bolt, spoke, chain, lever, etc.
Spraying graphite into clutch/throttle cable housings will help 'em slide better, maybe less cable breakage, but I don't have any real data to back that up.
Things seemed to rattle loose more often immediately after installing the motors than now, after the kits 'settled in' and got used to being there.

re

well lets start with what do you need it for ,
how far are you going to ride in a day?
are you in hill country or flat lands?
yes this counts too how big are you ?
what kind of bike is it going on?

and the big one how much cash you got?

1.) I don't need it at all - it will be strictly a fun machine to be driven on back roads. I'd say, 80% paved, 20% gravel.

2.) I don't envision taking distance jaunts on the bike. I might enjoy a nice fun ride, but I won't be going cross-country on it.

3.) Some flat lands, some hills. There's a fair number of hills where I'd be using it.

4.) 6'1", 210.

5.) I'm planning to install the engine in a vintage-styled frame, like an old Schwinn, or a modern replica found at Walmart.

6.) Cash - I'm not going to spend thousands on this. I'm interested in doing it on a budget. I want a solid ride, but it doesn't have to be fancy, other than a few things I might splurge on, like the cool front forks everybody seems to go for, or a light kit or something.

skyhawkcanada(dot com) I can't post a link for some reason.

This is where I bought my engine from. It lasted over a year riding it about 10 miles a day, it also has some better components than some other kits I've seen and its powdercoated black. A little more expensive than DAX but you might save on shipping.

help me !!

i want to transform my bike, with a pocket byke 49cc motor

is good ? and the price ? or is better to buy a kit ??

EUR 53,99
Technische Daten

- Motor: luftgekühlter Einzylinder-Zweitakter

- Hubraum: 49 cc

- 3,5 PS bei 8700 U/min

- Zündung: manuelle Zündung per Seilzug

- Kupplung: Fliekraft Kupplung

- komplett mit Kuplung, Vergaser, plastik Seilzugstarter,Kupplungsglocke mit Ritzel,

- Zündspuhle, Sportluftfilter,

Last edited by a moderator:
O.k. this might be another case of "99 Dead Baboons"
European monetary units???
Technical Data
Motor- aircooled one cylinder-2 stroke
Displacement-49 cc
Something about air pressure and uranium
just guessing maybe a muffler?an aircraft muffler
Complete with a muffler, gas tank, pull starter made of plastic, muffler pistol with crackers
Sunshine sport air filter

Buy a mig-welder and some scrap metal for the mounting. Get the matching rear sprocket and the matching chain. It will make the process go a lot faster.

Back