What have you found while riding???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by give me vtec, Jul 27, 2009.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

While i was riding today I found a long craftsman flathead screwdriver, last time I found a good crescent wrench, time before that a full set of standard allen keys, time before that was some old rubber off of a blown tire that I have found two uses for already. I found an aftermarket full coilover from a small compact car that I didn't pick up... (although I cant seem to figure out how it got there, wouldn't you notice losing something like that). Sometimes its like finding gold just laying there...

Just wondering what everybody else is finding on their bikes...

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

Cell phone, (found owner) New pack of smokes (I dont smoke) A 5 dollar bill. Big bird DVD. Teenagers necking in the weeds. (keeping it clean if you know what I mean)

3. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

All I find are dead small animals. (ground hogs, skunks, cats, deer) Blech.........

5. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

when I find a dead animal I usually poke it with a stick to see if its faking....unless there are alot of flies or maggots around then you pretty much know

6. javelina1

javelina1 Member

Well I wasn't on a MB, but was riding along on my MTB. Along the SRP eastern canal here in the east valley. Saw an IBM Thinkpad someone threw into the canal. Must have been there for a few months. The fish seemed to be avoiding it.... :ack2:

7. give me vtec

LOL thats funny as h**l

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

I found freedom !!!
    in the wind (really hot wind these days, but wind none the less) !!!
    32 days straight over 100...must be why they call it the desert :cool2:

9. give me vtec

yeah its been 105+ here for like a month... uggg you just get used to it. But you're right... riding the MB does kinda create your own breeze.

10. scokes

scokes Member

Bag of grass (i didn't keep it cause i was on my way to work), one dollar bill, about 20 lighters, if i had a basket to pick up the beer cans, i could have probably bought and built a new bike by now. Once i found a set of keys a few miles from my house. I found the owner a couple of days later and got $100 out of the deal. (the owner is a local business owner, my bosses son, and there were probably 60 keys on a 12 inch round keychain)

11. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

A SNAKE.

Thought it was a fake one til it moved. I swear it looked like a plastic kids toy. With red beady eyes.

Scared the **** out of me.

I am only afraid of two things in life... love and snakes. Freud would have a field day with that one.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  12. scokes

scokes Member

I almost ran over a snake one time. I was on a particularly strait road and was feeling some vibration with my chain so I was looking through my legs at the rear sprocket to make sure it was still in alignment. When I began to look up, a "cotton mouth/water moccasin" crossed my vision no more than 3 inches from my wheel. It jerked back to strike :sweatdrop: but I was long gone and there was no way I was going to turn around to check it out.

nhfembiker, glad you decided to stick around

13. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

Good thing you were on a bike huh? At least, that's what I thought to myself.

14. scokes

scokes Member

What I want to know is "How does a person lose one shoe?"

15. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

I've always wondered that!!!! If you solve that mystery, please do let me know :)

16. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

An entire rail of Snap-On semi deep well metric sockets 8-18mm. A very busy road it was so finding their rightful owner has been problematic.

17. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

Wow... you found grass, a dollar bill to roll it with and lighters... you hit the jackpot there. Oh well.

18. azbill

azbill Active Member

if you need a bill to roll...
    you ARE an amateur:rolleyes7::whistling::rolleyes7::jester:

19. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

Yeah, some of us are :)

20. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I always used to wonder that, until I saw it happen.

Passenger was hanging her feet out of the window, kind of "lounging out" - and next thing you know, the wind blew a sneaker right off her foot!

An old GF of mine used to love to put her feet up on the dashboard of my car, (annoying the heck out of me) but never did hang them out of the window. (typical Jersey Girl. Big blonde hair, white sunglasses, etc. - but hey, it was the eighties. At least I didn't drive an IROC Z28......)