What Honda Motor?

Quanah

Local time
6:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what Honda motor this is? It has an overhead cam, although he ends up making it look like a flathead. I can't seem to find any vertical cylinder, horizontal shaft Honda motor like this one. The head looks similar to the Honda GX series. I really like this motor on this Boardtracker replica.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zk-QIZpVLI

I watched that video again today...it did not play all the way through yesterday when I watched it...makes me feel foolish, but it was a malfunction out of my control. I see now that it is a Honda GC 160. Anyway it is a neat little video, and he did a great job on that old Huffy.

yup that is a beautiful bike i think the best anyone can ask for in a replica board tracker. though im not sure how well that jackshaft will work being geared down to the clutch. Anyhow those gc engines are nice. nice and light good running reliable motor. But if your after a flathead the older hondas were flathead. I believe they were model G200

Wow. I thought only the GX35 had an overhead cam. I need to study up on the Honda motors.

Back