Chains What is the best chain to use ?

Anonymous Pimp

Local time
7:38 AM
Okay so I am new to all this and have had some trouble with my chain breaking I think I have solved the problem but I need to replace my chain just wondering if I can use a #420H As it is stronger than the #415h that came with my kit ? thanks for any input in advance !

It's a really heavy chain, and it's possible it won't go around the engine sprocket properly. Some users have reported problem with the 1/4" wide chain.
Other have no problems using the wide chain. I guess it comes down to trial and error.

You shouldn't be breaking the 415 chain tho. I think your sprocket alignment is an issue, as people with excellent sprocket alignment and a properly adjusted chain idler
tend not to have issues with chain breakage. Myself, I never broke a 415 in the 3.5 years i ran the chinagirl engines.

It's a really heavy chain, and it's possible it won't go around the engine sprocket properly. Some users have reported problem with the 1/4" wide chain.
Other have no problems using the wide chain. I guess it comes down to trial and error.

You shouldn't be breaking the 415 chain tho. I think your sprocket alignment is an issue, as people with excellent sprocket alignment and a properly adjusted chain idler
tend not to have issues with chain breakage. Myself, I never broke a 415 in the 3.5 years i ran the chinagirl engines.

Thanks for the reply and yes I was having alignment issues but that is solved now " I hope " but after the chain breaking so easy I thought that it would be a good idea
to replace it with something stronger ! I need this bike to be reliable as I will be traveling long distances and can't afford to be broken down on the side of the road !
I know that the 420 will go around the drive sprocket so I think I'm going to give it a try ! I will post results when complete!

I run the 41 chain which is 1/4 between plates, I haven't had any problems with either of my bikes. One is grubee 48cc the other is a bgf 48cc. I rode the bgf 50 miles Saturday with zero chain problems.

I run the 41 chain which is 1/4 between plates, I haven't had any problems with either of my bikes. One is grubee 48cc the other is a bgf 48cc. I rode the bgf 50 miles Saturday with zero chain problems.

Okay so now the question is where can I get a chain locally? I live in Surrey BC Canada And I have been trying to find a place somewhere in the lower main land that I can walk in to the place and actually see what I am paying for before I pay for it ! Anyone know where I can go ?

I got this BMX chain. It is 1/2 x 1/8. It has a breaking load of 12,500 Newton. It is nickle plated reinforced. I like the smaller chain. It creates a much smoother chain rotation through the engine as well as the chain tensioner. I don't want to go back to the large chain if I can help it.

Did you get it at Newton Rocky Cycle ? Or at Sinclair Motor sports ? those would be the only two places that I know of. I have been to N R C and they don't have what I am looking for I went by Sinclair on a sat at 10:00 am but they were closed .

Back