What is the best engine kit out there

mike93082

Local time
12:18 PM
I am looking at getting my first 2 stroke engine kit. I see that there are many different brands out there. Someone suggested just getting one off of Ebay as they are less than 100.00 plus shipping. Personally I do not trust buying off of Ebay as there is a lot of cheap Chinese junk on the site.

I have looked at Grubee 66cc engine kits and various other ones with a price difference of 20-30 bucks. But what do you guys think of the Grubee 66/80 cc kits? I found one for about 159.00 for 30 for shipping. It looks to be decent quality but want another opinion.

Also has anyone had experience with Ebay kits. I see a lot of them from a company called Boy Go Fast.

Zev0 gave it to you straight up right

I am looking at getting my first 2 stroke engine Personally I do not trust buying off of Ebay as there is a lot of cheap Chinese junk on the site.

QUOTE]

for the price you are wishing to spend
most if not all will be made in China

Zev0 gave it to you straight up right -- time to do some homework here

do hope that in the end you decide to buy from and support
on site vendors

as we ride those motorized bicycle THINGS

I purchased my 66c skyhawk gt5 from mrbikerboy on ebay. Happy with the kit overall but the clutch and throttle cables were junk. I replaced them with rocksolidengines items and couldn't be happier. I have about 1400kms on the engine now.

i bought my engine off of ebay from bgf i have to say it came in pretty much perfect packaging and where was no rust or nething missing infact it came with extra nuts and bolts along with extra mounting options and fuel lines. the only problem i had was a leaky petcock which i fixed with electrical tape around the threads and the chain tensioner, i pretty much just run the chain directly across if there is slack i pull the wheel a little back on the rails similar to a motorcycle. I havent even broken in the engine yet but it seems to work perfectly fine (for what it is) i have even started it up in -20deg f weather and it seemed to go. Perhaps he isnt very consistant but the way it was pakacaged and what i recieved is compeltely opposite of whats on the forum.

... the only problem i had was a leaky petcock which i fixed with electrical tape around the threads...
Wow. I've never heard of such a solution before. Pretty sure it won't last forever, as gasoline eats thru everything... even the yellow teflon tape that's designed for natural gas.

But let us know how it works out for you in the long run.

Back