What is the best route

augustine

Local time
10:43 AM
I've got $300 total for both bike and engine what would be the most relible purchase?After reading, my alumium bike won't work?

I've heard good arguments against aluminum. But even if it's regarded as something that should be avoided, I'd be willing to bet that you could get away with using an aluminum bike to 'get started'. Riding carefully and with the plan of replacing soon.

Why don't you attach a pic of your bike? If it's the wrong shape or something, the folk's here will let you know.

Or you could buy a cheap, used mountain bike. Match that with a chinese two cycle engine and mounting kit and you'll be under $300.

Aloomineeum frames are just fine. You need to check critical points often at the welds or there inbetween. What motor you have, 4 stroke etc. Most modern upper end bikes are an alloy.

My bike has a 48cc engine, vibration on the 48 is little to non existent that may be why I've not had any problems. The 66cc engine tend to have more vibration due to the weight of the piston, both engines use the same crankshaft so my guess is the original design was a 48cc.

Back