What is the farthest you have ridden on a single trip and total bike miles to date?

20 miles, I don't do much long distance anything. I do that 20 miles every day though

if my odometer is to be believed, I've done 1400 miles

45 miles non-stop, 90 miles one way, 180 miles in a day took 7 1/2 hrs in the saddle.I do this run a few times a year.

That is pretty good time. I did a one way 183 mile trip one year and it took me 10 hours.

50 miles round trip, usually 4 hr ride give or take. Breaks along the way to hydrate and take in the scenery.

I think 100 R/T miles is my ultimate goal before winter. My confidence in the bike gets better on every ride. I took and 9 mile ride yesterday after a quick trip to Ireland for a week from the USA. I think the bike missed me it never ran so good! My Bell Dashboard unit was just about to hit 30mph and I slowed down to avoid exceeding the speed limit. Hopefully I'll ride again today! Thanks for contributing!
Jimmy

Generally my rides tend to be round trips, and in winter (weather permitting) i usually stay inside of 40 miles, for a relative short round trip to local cafe's set in the hills.
The exception to this rule is snow rides, but in my location, the snow season is very patchy on the lower peaks. Unfortunately, the higher peaks are all dedicated to snow skiing, so there is no chance of getting away with riding a motorised bicycle in those snow covered areas.
As soon as there is reasonable snow on the lower peaks, i am out there doing snow rides; enjoying every minute of it.

In summer my rides tend to be somewhere between 100 -130 miles, unless i'm going away to an alpine location, of which the bike gets transported to a central hub, from where i make my way up into the mountains, which again tends to be somewhere between 100 - 130 mile trips, usually spread out over a 10 - 12 hour ride, which includes photo stops and coffee stops and snack stops, and time to talk to people who want to know everything about the bike and the places that the bike has taken me to.

During the warmer months, the bike runs up a heck of a lot of miles, as there's always somewhere new to visit.

Weather permitting Fabian? What snow storms are we talking about here down under?

Unfortunately we don't get proper snow storms in the lower alpine areas of Australia, and even our higher alpine areas are only equivalent to the lower alpine areas of America.

Only once have i had the good luck to ride in snow when it was actually "snowing", and it was a magical experience.

Longest I've done 12 miles one way at about 7pm then went to a party and rode it back home at 6AM back in Austin :sick:.

Probably did around 100 miles on that little beast. (y)

I am preparing for bigger rides, but my first 275 miles were all rides to tune, tweak and learn to ride. Loose bolts, changing carburetor, new throttle assembly, 12v battery with lights, new Geax 24 2.3 inch tires and 2 expansion tubes kept me busy. Now just riding! Thanks for the feedback!
Jimmy

Back