What is the largest cc engine that you know will fit on a bike.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Al.Fisherman, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Had someone ask is it's possible to mount a 120cc or close on a bike. If so, frame mount or rack mount. Direct drive or centrifugal clutch. How about some ideas?

2. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

Hi Ron -

I am going to do some self-indulgent pompous bragging. . . . I placed a Honda GX-160 engine on my bike. Then modified the wazoo out of it. (Ever wonder what a wazoo is?)

See if this thread in the Picture Gallery section opens for you:
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=34194 .

Maybe someone has gone larger, but who will admit?

Thanks,
    MikeJ

3. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

4. NARLEY PEDALSON

NARLEY PEDALSON New Member

off topic but kinda not i have a 105hp gsxr750 engine in a go kart

http://www.youtube.com/user/themotkid

its all just about how much work your willing to do to make X engine mount and operate

i have a 117hp cbr600 engine for sale with only one rad for 600$ if anyone willing to put that on a bike i would love to see.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  5. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Thanks guys...nice builds, but the cost is going to be over this guys head.

6. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

exactly! if you are capable, and willing to spend the time and money, anything can be built.
    A friend of mine built a bar stool (go kart) with a katana 600 engine on it.

7. Basement_Modder

Basement_Modder New Member

I've seen a video of somebody who put a 150-ish cc lawnmower engine converted to horizontal shaft on a bike as a direct-drive without a clutch. Start by pedaling, stop by braking. Simple design, and insanely fast. I have a 6.75 hp craftsman that I'm converting to horizontal (once I find a **** welder I don't have to go bankrupt for) that I may put on a cheap yard sale bike as a rack-mount. If not, its for a go-kart.

@Doggie Daddy- stop being a ****. If you don't like it here than you can leave. The best way to get a bad rep on a forum is to rip on senior members right after you join.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  8. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Whizzer engines are 138cc or so.
    Venice tried to talk a guy into mounting a 500cc Jawa on a bicycle.
    The guy is still alive, so I guess he didn't try it.