What is the most comfortable bike seat for tender tuberosities?

mifletz

Local time
7:02 PM
The seat that came with the mountain bike gave me a tender posterior. I replaced it with a wide padded seat from an exercise bike. It is much better.

But is there any bike seat that causes no pain at all?

Are any of these new types any good?

seat_spongy_mk9.jpg

seatrealseat_sm.jpg

EasySeat.jpg

Last edited:
I am working on the seat issue too. I am thinking if i build something like a banana seat bracket and use an old scooter seat on that I will be set.

But is there any bike seat that causes no pain at all?

Are any of these new types any good?

seatrealseat_sm.jpg
Wow...

I'd never seen that one before. $90 for a "regular" size.

Look how wide this thing can be... http://www.realseat.com/ !!!

I'd go with that if money were no concern. There was also the "Park Bench Seat" or something like that. Think it was Cloud9. I'm not even sure if you can buy it anymore, but it was the widest we had found last year. You can see this '14" Bench Seat' here, but when you click on it... it shows you an EVEN BETTER seat. 12" long, 16" wide. $89 shipped for a REAL "tractor seat" WITH padding.

I'd go with the last one. Let us know what you plan to do!! I'll be needing one of these extra wide seats myself.

Maybe it is just me but this kinda seat looks like it will fall apart at any moment ha. It might be ok but I just cant bring myself to trust only a thing peice of canvas between myself and possible mutilation of my nether bits.

Wow...

I'd never seen that one before. $90 for a "regular" size.

Look how wide this thing can be... http://www.realseat.com/ !!!

I'd go with that if money were no concern. There was also the "Park Bench Seat" or something like that. Think it was Cloud9. I'm not even sure if you can buy it anymore, but it was the widest we had found last year. You can see this '14" Bench Seat' here, but when you click on it... it shows you an EVEN BETTER seat. 12" long, 16" wide. $89 shipped for a REAL "tractor seat" WITH padding.

I'd go with the last one. Let us know what you plan to do!! I'll be needing one of these extra wide seats myself.

Yeah, the first one with the "sling" prolly isn't the safest. But I'd love to try one out anyway.

That 16" bucket looks the best, tho.

"Guaranteed Comfort Or Your Money Back!"... I bet.

...10 inch wide Cloud Nine regular bicycle seat and a adjustable compression post will do the trick... but you need both of them. have 60year old boney butt and can ride on this thing for three hours , probably longer...no problem at all.

I like the Easy-Seat II very much. The original Hobson Easy Seat, (the third photo of the original post) is comfortable, but, it gets hard. The Easy Seat II is padded with memory foam. CUSHY on the tushy...

Plus, since each half swivels independently as you pedal; it cuts down on pressure high on the back of the leg, that you would get with a rigid, non-independently swiveling wide seat.

Attachments

• hobsonseats_2040_1145277.jpg
    hobsonseats_2040_1145277.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,442
Last edited:
Back