What is the most quiet motor

wheresthepassion

Local time
11:16 PM
I just basically have this question. I have been looking around and only found one motor, a honda, that is supposed to be real quiet. Does anyone know of any gas motors for bicycles that are almost silent? Or is there is a special muffler that can be used to silence the motor more? Thanks alot for you time and take it easy.

The 35cc Robin Subaru is at least as quiet as the same cc Honda, if not more so.

The reason it is more popular for MBike use is it has a smaller footprint, esp. the casing over the carb. iirc, it weighs a pound or two less.

There have been MB experiments, by Jemma and Hive among others, adding a conduit or piping to the end of the exhaust, using clamps and that glue they use for radio controlled model planes.

If your simply talking quiet this is the quietest MB engine i've ever not heard;wisper quiet.......not overly practical though cos it's underpowered.
http://www.rotarybike.com/rotarybike_products.asp?type=Petrol&pid=24&action=details

PS...If your asking so u can buy something you'll need to be more specific.....preferred cc's/2,4 stroke/price range/purpose/enviroment used in........any other info u think might help.
A pain detailed explanations but necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back