What is this and what is it for

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aflaclover123, Jul 28, 2016.

1. aflaclover123

aflaclover123 New Member

I have no idea what this is or what it is for
    IMG_0690.JPG

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

that's one of those fancy custom heads - it makes your bike look fancy and custom (possibly gives it higher compression too if it was built that way)

3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Active Member

It's the missing part on the engine.

No but seriously it's a cylinder head, never saw one like that however, I'd be interested in knowing how well it cools the motor compared to other heads.

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

for increased compression, better cooling, and a bit of bling.

5. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I think this is one of MZMiami's heads. they work well enough, but I have no desire to ever buy anything but CR Machine heads

6. Frankenstein

Yea and since you might not know since you seem unfamiliar with 2 strokes, it would be best to install it so the fins are parallel to the bike frame, as in they line up more with it, so air flows through them while moving forward, otherwise you'd get massive cooling on the front and overheating on the back, which is a nifty way to ruin a new engine.

7. aflaclover123

aflaclover123 New Member

There are four bolts on the top of the engine by the spark plug, is that where I mount it? Sorry this is my first build so I am unfamiliar with some of these parts.

8. Frankenstein

Yes, if there's already a head on the engine that means they sent you a spare, you can use it right away or use the original first and see how you like it

9. aflaclover123

aflaclover123 New Member

I will put it on because it should help cool the engine.

10. Frankenstein

Well you probably paid for the better head, they likely sent you a complete kit with the upgraded head on the side so you could change it out when you received it, where did you order this from and what was it exactly that you bought

11. Ahmad Darwish

Ahmad Darwish New Member

That is a high compression head, you mount that at the top of the motor, and should boost your torque. Depending on the compression ratio, you might need to run a higher octane fuel.

12. danlandberg

danlandberg Member

I got the same head with my GT5 PRO RACING engine kit from Kings motors.

13. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

its a freaking FLUX CAPACITOR!!!!

guaranteed to add an extra 1mph top speed :) essential!

14. Frankenstein

Or move to someplace on the equator, since time and speed are relative, going 25mph there will make you appear to be going 26mph to somebody standing on the north pole! And you'll weigh less too!

15. David Bogle

David Bogle Member

I purchased a GT6 , it came with both heads, they recommend using the stock head until the engine is broke in, then change to the cnc head, I'm sure someone can tell us how many miles are recommended for this period.

16. Frankenstein

2 stock gas tanks of fuel, 2 liters, or roughly half a gallon

17. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I like to call an engine 'broke in' after about 100 miles. That way it gives everything a good amount of time to take it easy

18. David Bogle

David Bogle Member

Thank you