What is top RPM of Hua Sheng?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8310
  • Start date
Thanks. I have been running #41 chain from the beginning and I have plenty...and a spring action tensioner, so that change is pretty easy.

Here is the adapter I am talking about- I've heard nothing but good things.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~bikeparts/sprocket_adapter.htm

I have had absolutely no problems with the standard sprocket mount (some care and 11 ga spokes work wonders), but this bike is never "done", so I always have to try new stuff.

That's what I like about you Hough, perfection is always down the road a bit!
Those sprocket adaptors are fabbo and I'm gratefull you told me about them.
I'll probably order one but it will be for a 3 spd or 7 spd hub which might be difficult and all the Schwinns now have that wretched coaster brakewhich could be a problem.
I like how they'll supply sprocket sizes in 1 tooth increments - almost as good as McManic McKanic, the Irish company, who can supply sprockets in increments of 1/2 a tooth sizes!:D

Tach Source

Where did you find the tach? Northern Hydraulics (Tool and Supply) has one or two, but they are potted and the battery cannot be replaced. Guess that makes sense for someting out in the elements all the time? They are $40. I would like to find something that had a replaceable battery.

BTW who's transmission is that?

Jim

Tach finally arrived and my bike's setup is matching the gear ratio calculator
exactly. Just brought it up to 32mph with the tach at 6240 but it doesn't
want to go much more than that.

may be the new Hoot

This box may be the new Hoot, see pics for before and after shots.

The wimpy chain really stretched after a couple hours of use so it was no
longer trusted. Switched it to a belt and it's working perfectly.

Attachments

• drive_box_chain.jpg
    drive_box_chain.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 362
  • drive_box_belt.jpg
    drive_box_belt.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 373
I know you all knew about the small sprokets... But, Did you know it also drops the fuel milage dramaticaly?? I was getting 61 MPG with the 44 tooh sproket and , with the 50 tooth sproket I was getting around 100 mpg! That was a great loss for only adding 7mph top speed! With the 56 tooth rear I get around 142 MPG. Food for thought!

Bubbatgs

I'm shocked at the diff in fuel mileage you've experienced. Winter has moved
in here so not sure when I'll be back on the bike to check milage. Time to
drain the fuel so it doesn't gum up on me.

Could it be the higher speeds thus pushing againest more air resistance as
the cause?

I have tried to get all I could out of mine! 44 thooth gear! 50 tooth gear! I had it up to fifty on a slight down hill to get it going.(Irish John is right) no hill climbing, and my gas milage dramaticaly reduced! Stock gearing. I still get 37 mph out of mine! ( 11 thooth output gear 56 tooth rear sproket!)

I can't understand why everyone says a 44-tooth sprocket is too tall a gear for the HS. I run an 11-tooth drive gear with a 44-tooth sprocket with no performance modifications. I haven't speed tested to the engine's limit, (after passing 30 mph on a poorly-maintained road, fear began to replace my excitement), but I weigh 210 lbs and can reach over 20 mph on a 10% grade incline. In terms of acceleration, this motor will also buzz the 66cc SkyHawk I had previously installed. Am I the only one experiencing this?

(btw... the city I live in has a MB speed limit of 20 mph on public roadways, punishable by exorbitant citations/fines and impound.)

Back