What is your favorite 35cc engine?

Ah, I enjoy my OCC also. Black & Chrome, the babes will flock. If there under 80 their fair game. Just kidding. Ohh, love your bike! Half Price Book store is a nice place. Side Walk cafe's are nice also. Bikes & women, are a combination we are meant for. Wear clean clothes. Bathe And look good. No woman is going home with a dirty person. Greasy people works on TV.

You can pick me up in an hour if you want to. I have a poor car that don't run to well right now, can we take Yours? It's an old Aries K model. All I can afford. I ride this bike. All I have.

i had the 35cc tanaka on 2 scooters and it was awesome! reliable and fun. the 40cc is just as reliable and more powerful. the 40cc is loud, but very powerful. you can't go wrong with either. build quality is top notch.

i still haven't owned a robins subaru motor, but i'd love to get one. it's got a nice purr. but i went with tanaka for the extra torque to climb hills

i had the 35cc tanaka on 2 scooters and it was awesome! reliable and fun. the 40cc is just as reliable and more powerful. the 40cc is loud, but very powerful. you can't go wrong with either. build quality is top notch.

i still haven't owned a robins subaru motor, but i'd love to get one. it's got a nice purr. but i went with tanaka for the extra torque to climb hills

I'm using a Bladezscooter muffler/silencer combo on my Tanaka 40cc (GEBE kit) and find the noise level is very acceptable now. I no longer pine for a Robin Subaru 4-stroke.. especially considering what they cost new. Engine vibration is still noticeable with the Tanaka, but, I guess that's just part of MB.

Tanaka 40cc sound reminds me of Mike Myers and his handy chainsaw looking for lunch.

Yeah, very like a chainsaw, but as much as I love my GX35,
the extra punch of the Tanaka is nice to have. The 35%
greater power gets me up steep grades the honda wouldn't.

I like RS EH035. Great noise levels, ultra light, compact, powerful and responsive. Hi-Temp Fluoride Oil Seal Hi-temp fluoride oil seal ensures maximum engine protection for extended performance life. Powder Metal Inserted Cam Gear Powder metal inserted cam gear ensures extra protection for added durability and extended performance life.

Plus, I trust the Japanese when it comes to making engines.

In stock form and in terms of reliability, economy, and power, my vote goes to the following.

4-stroke is RS EH035 (super quiet, reliable, and fuel efficient. i own 3 of them)

2-stroke is the older Mitsubishi TLE-43, not the newer TU-43.
One of mine was mfg. in 2000 and has more miles on it than i can remember.
it outlasted the original Staton Friction drive kit that it was originally mounted on. i'm thinking over 4,000 miles.
I'm still on the original clutch shoes and just recently changed out the original sparkplug, not because i needed to but because i just thought it was way past due. i bought a spare engine just in case this one should ever fail but it still runs as strong as the first day i had it. it's recently been my daily ride of 25 miles a day, 6 days a week. On my GEBE setup it uses just a tad more fuel than the EH035 with a lot more power because of the Strato-Charged technology. Side by side comparison to my Tanaka PF-4000, it wins hands down in stock form in regards to performance, sound level and fuel economy.

Again, this is only the opinion of someone that still owns a Zenoah GZ25N, Tanaka PF-3300, RS EH035, Tanaka TC-35, Tanaka PF-4000, Mitsubishi TLE-43, John Deere branded Mitsubishi TLE-43, Tanaka TC-47 Type R
(i also own a couple of chinese clones but am too embarrassed to include)

Back