What kind of automobiles you own

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Turtle Tedd, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Without getting into Miles per Gallon what kind of cars does everyone ride..I like the older Jeep Cherokees..had three a couple of weeks ago..now have two ..95 and 96 Cherokee Sport 4.0..well maintained and look like new (almost)

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I really like old cherokees...

I have a b16a powered 91 honda crx, a k20a powered 2005 civic si, a 2005 honda fit, a 2009 jeep wrangler, and a 91 galant vr4 (which has a 500 hp motor that I have had sitting around for about 2 years now... someday I will get around to putting it in).
  3. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

That 500hp project sounds interesting....my kind of alternate transportation
  4. give me vtec

LOL... Its a cool car but UBER complicated. It was the pre-runner to the modern mitsubishi evolution. Very advanced for 91... it has awd, all wheel steering, turbo/intercooled, and a cast iron 2.0 liter dohc.

To tell you the truth I think I might be in over my head with this car. But someday I will get around to piecing it back together.
  5. professor

professor Active Member

I never thought I would be driving a four door four cylinder economy car (96 Prism- (toyota). I'll run it for years.
    It displaced an 83mustang conv 6cyl driver, now put away - (wear out the Prism first) and the turbo dunebuggy (which comes out in 5 months), is next to it.
  6. Iv got a 1946 jeep cj-2a had since i was 15
    a 1982 porsche 911sc widebody i drive as much as i can
    a 1967 jeep cj-5 i restored last year
    and my daily is an 87 k5 blazer
    my dad has a 58 impala we go to shows alot
  7. EnFlaMEd

EnFlaMEd Member

Copied straight from the other forum lol....

This my 87 Toyota Soarer fitted with a 1jzgte and r154 5spd. Its currently pretty stock at the moment due to a road worthy and really only has a twin entry intake, Trust front mount cooler and a Kakimoto turbo back exhaust as far as engine mods goes. I estimate around 250rwhp in this guise. It isnt going to stay looking or performing like this for long though :D

This is my other ride. Its a 62 Holden EJ Special and is totally original but does need a little tidying up in places. The original 138 grey motor which is shifted via a 3 speed manual column shift box runs beautifully.

8. give me vtec

NICE!!!!! Where did you get an 87 soarer??? THATS AWESOME!!!!!
  9. EnFlaMEd

EnFlaMEd Member

lol cheers. They are eligible for import and registration in Australia under the 15yr rule which basically means any car built before 1989 can be imported and registered with only minor compliancing. So there are a few getting around Australia but still not that many. Check out z20soarer.org if you are a fan :D

BTW your vr4 sounds like a beast. A mate of mine who lives up the road used to own one. Quite nice.
  10. ToeCutter66

ToeCutter66 New Member

I got a 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 6MT, and a 2009 Toyota Tacoma, regular cab 2wd. I got the toyota on a cash for clunkers deal.
  11. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Member

Here is my current small fleet.
    2004 Corvette Z06
    2009 smart Brabus coupe
    1923 Ford Model T street rod
    2007 JZR English cycle car
    2004 Nissan Quest van
  12. Dilly Bar Rob

Dilly Bar Rob Member

You are one of the chosen ones!

I would love to get my hands on a vr4, great sleeper car!

Just one car for me at the moment - 92 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (6 bolt engine & 4 bolt LSD rear end :devilish: ).

My MB acts as my second car :cool:
  13. give me vtec

I know... and I have a fully balanced and blueprinted jdm spec 4g63, with a crytreated crank/pistons/rings/cam setup to go with it.

My wife is trying to get me to sell it... I just cant do it.
  14. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

OK my "FLEET" lol

2000 Nissan Quest (The do everything)
    93 Impreza Wagon (my lil sleeper)
    86 Isuzu Trooper (The Snow Tank)
    and My Fiancee has a 99 Grand Am

and if we are counting the 2 wheeled versions an 80cc HT bike and a GL1100 Goldwing Interstate.
  15. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

From oldest to newest.

1987 Buick Regal w/WE-2 package
    1994 Dodge Grand Caravan
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1998 Nissan Pathfinder
    2001 Hyundai Tiburon
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R
    2007 Lifan LF110GY-3 Trail Cub

Holy cow, my newest car is going to be 10 years old soon.
  16. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

From oldest to newest as well:
    1980 Harley Davidson FXEF basket case in a thousand pieces. Waiting on $$$ for machining.
    2006 Toyota X-Runner. Beat up by the PO, but still runs well.
  17. EnFlaMEd

EnFlaMEd Member

give me vtec: The Soarer is nearly ready for when I get my license back now.

18. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 3.0L V6 Mercedes Benz Turbo Diesel, Inmotion tune for 431 ft-lbs torque, 21.9 fuel economy in city driving...24mph highway. Easily tows 7400 lbs. Engine is so quiet, you wouldn't know it was a diesel unless I told you. Clean exhaust with diesel particulate filter and all sorts of Uber emission ****.

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2.8L VM Motori Inline 4 Turbo Diesel, Green Diesel Engineering Eco-tuned ECU, 300 ft-lbs torque, 32mpg at 70mph highway. Easily tows 5,000 lbs. It sounds like a diesel and soot output is very low.

1991 Mazda RX7 Convertible. 1.3L gutless wonder rotary engine. 36,000 original miles. On transplant donor's list for 5.7 Liter Chevy V8 w/ T56 engine...need to raise 12k for the project. Willing to beg for donations.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  19. motor_head

motor_head Member

'89 chevy s10 pickup with 4.3
    '88 ford 1 ton with 460
    '86 chevy celebrity with 2.5
    looking for a pre late 90's volkswagon with 1.6 turbo diesel newer ones cost too much and get worse mileage with emissions **** older ones get 60mpg, eventualy want to put one of those motors in a 4cylinder wagon
  20. Maxx Ported

Maxx Ported Member

I'm getting ready for drag racing (season)
    working on a 68 satellite(540)
    and a 84 Rampage(451)
    glad i got the new shop(DC-10) done before winter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010