WHAT KIT IS THIS....???? please help want to buy.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ballermj23, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ballermj23

ballermj23 New Member

2. lowracer

lowracer Member

Looks like a BMP kit with maybe the MonsterScooterparts engine 49/52cc engine
    Didnt see any pedals on them bikes in the vid?
    -lowracer-

3. masterx1234

masterx1234 Member

4. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

I have a BMP friction drive. The one in this video does not appear to be a BMP kit. Similar, or modified. Te engine appears to be the 50cc like the one monsterscooter sells. It's the same engine from a Harbor Freight auger or water pump. I have that same engine also. It's pretty much a Chinese clone of a the Mitsubishi TLE43 ifd I'm not mistaken. Nice powerful engine. That kit with BMP friction and same engine can be had now for less than $250.00. Simple and dependable kit. I would highly recommend it. Also, those bikes with no peddles are probably illegal in all 50 states.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

mastex1234, looks pretty good in your video. One suggestion: if that blue vibrating piece visible in the bottom center of the screen is a front fender, please, PLEASE, get rid of it. ASAP!

Front fenders have caused some very serious accidents.

6. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Simon,
    Whats your thoughts on the BMP FD please?
    BMP sale ends tonight.
    Thanks. :)

7. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

No experience with that kit at all. It does have a good reputation, and an important part of that is their quick-release skewer system on the bracket for changing rollers - it looks to me like a very good innovation.

8. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Thanks for your post Simon. :)

I just bought one this evening.

I like the simpleness of design and (what I would assume, ease of overall maintenance of the bike/kit and engine.)

In addition to this bike, I will build more in the future. :)

9. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Like mentioned above,,, the lack of pedals will probably make that MB illegal in the U.S. But, some states may allow it to be registed some way.