WHAT KIT IS THIS....???? please help want to buy.

Looks like a BMP kit with maybe the MonsterScooterparts engine 49/52cc engine
Didnt see any pedals on them bikes in the vid?
-lowracer-

I have a BMP friction drive. The one in this video does not appear to be a BMP kit. Similar, or modified. Te engine appears to be the 50cc like the one monsterscooter sells. It's the same engine from a Harbor Freight auger or water pump. I have that same engine also. It's pretty much a Chinese clone of a the Mitsubishi TLE43 ifd I'm not mistaken. Nice powerful engine. That kit with BMP friction and same engine can be had now for less than $250.00. Simple and dependable kit. I would highly recommend it. Also, those bikes with no peddles are probably illegal in all 50 states.

Last edited by a moderator:
mastex1234, looks pretty good in your video. One suggestion: if that blue vibrating piece visible in the bottom center of the screen is a front fender, please, PLEASE, get rid of it. ASAP!

Front fenders have caused some very serious accidents.

No experience with that kit at all. It does have a good reputation, and an important part of that is their quick-release skewer system on the bracket for changing rollers - it looks to me like a very good innovation.

No experience with that kit at all. It does have a good reputation, and an important part of that is their quick-release skewer system on the bracket for changing rollers - it looks to me like a very good innovation.

Thanks for your post Simon. :)

I just bought one this evening.

I like the simpleness of design and (what I would assume, ease of overall maintenance of the bike/kit and engine.)

In addition to this bike, I will build more in the future. :)

Like mentioned above,,, the lack of pedals will probably make that MB illegal in the U.S. But, some states may allow it to be registed some way.

Back