what mods work best?

flyingpez

Local time
12:42 AM
I'm new here but I have worked on real motorcycles for some time now and I'm looking to make a high performance bike (at least something that will
go 35-40+ mph) Ive been looking for a day or so and Ive found a number of mods and seem easy enough. here is what I know of so far.

1.boost bottle.
2.aftermarket carb. ("speed" or "CNS")
3."tuned pipe."
4.38ish tooth sprocket.
5.bore out the exhaust port.
6.reduce the head chamber size.
7.and maybe even nos

what do you all think? what mods am I missing?

thanks,
Keith

just a tuned pipe and honing your intake to match (as close as possble ) the intake port on the jug will wake it up.

One of the cheapest easiest mods is a good quality sparkplug gapped to .28 .Made a difference on my bike for about $3.

so do you think if i just go with a tuned pipe, hone the intake, and get a new spark plug I will be fine? will one of the "speed" carbs or a boost bottle make much of a difference?

Keith

I can do 35 with baffles removed from stock muffler, mild honing, spark plug upgrade and plastic air filter removed just foam filter on and intake and exhaust gaskets cut to fit opening (mine came with a hole half as big as the pipe), I also leaned the carb one notch. I plan on getting a tuned expansion chamber at some point. I'm over 200 pounds. Keep in mind stopping is more important then going fast. Disc brakes are the way to go or at leased upgrade from stock brake pads. Over 35mp I'm not comfortable on a bicycle and take my motorcycle instead. A new carb is probably a good investment but I'm not sold on the boost bottle, the concept is good but I've read mixed reviews on there benefit.

Im new to motorized bikes but i have worked on motocross bikes and raced them my hole life, so i feel im some what qualified to reply on the subject. I removed the base gasket, cut open my exhaust and removed the catalytic converter guts weldet it back up, and installed a number six ngk plug, I also dropped the needle on my stock carb. It made quite a bit of difference on my bike and ive put about 10hours on it since. It took me from 26mph to 31mph. It feels like i should gear it up now.

Back