what motor do i have

alpha

Local time
3:41 PM
this is my motor what one is it. i cant tell. i think its a 50cc.

i know i dont have pics of it with my new engine but im using a thumb throttle

946d9d57.jpg

20c1d46b.jpg

0d4c7176.jpg

its the same one just dont have a pic of it on my bike
50cc_atv_thumb_throttle.jpg

The only way to find out is to measure the bore. The piston is 40mm on a 48cc and 47mm on a 66cc, if you don't want to pull the head you can remove the exhaust, lower the piston and use a wood dowel or screw driver to slide in the cyld till it touches the back side of the cyld. Then mark the dowel at the flange then subtract the distance from the flange to the piston. The remaining would be close.

ok will do that, but still whats ok to put on this motor, some parts im afraid to buy and put on there cause most parts are cheaper feeling than the parts on this motor, i like the slant head but i wanna buy one that looks just as sturdy

Truthfully, the cylinder, piston, and rings are not interchangeable from 49cc to 66 cc. Not really sure about the crankshaft and rod as some same cc pistons are different, everything else that I know of is interchangeable. I have never seen a 66cc with 6mm cylinder studs, all I have seen is 8mm studs, which doesn't mean they didn't make them.

These pistons come off the same size cc engine. Note placement of wrist pin holes.

i understand that, i know the crankcases are not compatible. i found a video on youtube that shows all the differences in the 49-66. im preaty sure i have a 49cc but my other 49cc have the 8mm studs, while this one has the 6mm

so what do i do about the air filter, what should i use due to the fact of stock one not fitting. is it ok to run without

Last edited:
i understand that, i know the crankcases are not compatible. i found a video on youtube that shows all the differences in the 49-66. im preaty sure i have a 49cc but my other 49cc have the 8mm studs, while this one has the 6mm

so what do i do about the air filter, what should i use due to the fact of stock one not fitting. is it ok to run without

It appears that you have a NT speed carburetor, a filter for any NT should work.

this is my motor what one is it. i cant tell. i think its a 50cc.
It is a 66 cc made by Nantong Jai Li.
The cylinder head has the small fin on the edge too.

Grubee Starfires look like this and have 6 mm head studs.
They were my favorite motor but have not been imported
for a while.
I think this motor is still imported as an unbranded kit.

You don't have to take anything apart to size a motor.
The space between the 4 head studs is the way to tell.

Lay a head gasket over the 4 studs, bingo!
the 50 cc head gaskets are a bit smaller than a 66 cc.

all of my motors must be 66cc engines then just by chance. anyways, with the filter do i have to have one or do i really need one or can i run without one for a bit?

but ill look again ill look at a head gasket

The one I posted above from sbp should fit in the space you have. The problem with running without a filter is dirt and dust can and will damage the engine if you run it very long. Measure the head stud spacing, on my 48cc bikes they are roughly 1 5/8 inches apart.

Back