what motor do i have

i took the head gasket from my other engines and its the same spacing as all of my other ones stud wise. and i also have taken the head off the bike compared piston diam, and they are the same, but the head looks different compared to any of the other china motors i have or seen, is this better quality? looks and stout, and quality of build so far have got me loving this motor. this is the first one i have really had no problems with. other than tuning so now its down to my lack of tuning a 2 stroke.

so i ran it to work and back maybe a 1/2mile to and from. the motor is waking up and 4 strokes here and there rarely.

the odd thing witch weirded me out was it was about 50*f out today and on my way back from work is when it was this cold, the warmer and warmer my bike got, the less and less throttle it wanted but kept at full speed, if i went to far it would bog out. i would coast for a min let it idle out then get back into it and it would go full out, then thin out a bit. but it never died, and when i got home i let it idle to make sure it was good on oil, im prob running 20:1 right now due to it being new

how many tanks should i go through before i go to 35:1

well today i wrecked the bike on gravel in front of my house, well that loosened up all my mounts some how.

anyways i got to work and my mounts started getting really loose, so before i got off work my brother came over to put it back together. and he didnt tighten all the bolts well it striped one of the front mount bolts so i dont know what to do now ****

Did the threads on the bolt or in the case strip? If its the stud it will screw out, if you are using a bolt remove it to see how many threads are left in the case. If the threads go deeper you can use a longer bolt or better a piece of all thread with loctite on it. Take two nuts jam them together to remove or install studs, good luck. Greg

its in the case. i have the sick bike parts motor mount cause of how large my frame is. so i dont have studs just small allen grade 8 bolts

If no threads are left you can try a thread insert, you drill and tap the hole bigger then screw the insert in covered in loctite then let it dry.

Yes, the only problem may be the soft alloy of the case. Go very slow turning the tap in and out to clean the threads only going about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn deeper each time using plenty of oil to cool and lubricates the threads.

Back