what music --while reading posts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by robin bird, Jan 17, 2010.

1. robin bird

robin bird Member

I listen to Doo Wop music while reading the posts-often from AOL shoutcast radio or from U Tube selections--i find it uplifting you can understand the words and it reminds me of my youth. Do you guys do this and what are your preferences ? maybe a poll would be good.

2. spunout

spunout Member

i have a 4gig ipod that holds about 1,000 songs. i keep it on shuffle and i have everything on it.....
    glenn miller band
    johnny cash
    10,000 maniacs
    george jones
    the casualties
    the ramones
    buck owens, etc etc.
    i really like a variety
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

classic rock all the time for Grampa :)
  4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I just listen to the whirr and hum of my computer's fans.
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

what music --while reading posts?

only the slight ringing sound cming from rt ear

caused I reckon from years of playing loud music

I rode that THING hard back then
  6. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

Anything from Pink Floyd to Johnny Cash and everything else but Gangster Rap. Just too depressing and/or reminding of our present society (at least here in Jersey..LOL)
  7. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

And the whir of all the fans in my computer too..lol
  8. motor_head

motor_head Member

anything classic rock, right now it's REO,
    music is like candy, get rid of the rappers and enjoy it.
  9. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  10. spunout

spunout Member

:devilish: hahahaha i get it. :detective: funny. and true! :devilish::jester:
  11. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

I have a 240gb ipod now (upgraded), have a variety of music (alternative, modern dance, jazz, rock `n roll, etc.) and keep it on shuffle when I'm reading posts. And I'm *always* multitasking :)
  12. seanhan

seanhan Member

Late 70's

Early 80's METAL !!!!!!
    And of course everything by RUSH !!!!
  13. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

14. augidog

augidog Banned

chicago, hollies, temptations, archies too

i grew up pretty white-bread...60's & 70's top 40...pop/rock, motown, soul, funk, some hippy-dippy stuff, the "hey, everything's cool & looka the colors" kinda tunage...

geez, when yer a young boy, "brand new key" or "pillow talk" or (yeah!) "midnite at the oasis" can really stir things up ..."love train" & "whatcha see is whatcha get" put you in the grooove alright..."superstition" , "nothin' from nothin'" , "tell me something good", well those made my parents wonder what the heck is wrong with kids these days...and then they'd turn up the al hirt or smothers brothers.

"bubblegum"...it's what i know and it's what i like, and it keeps me (relatively) calm mosta the time... :cool2:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  15. kerf

kerf Guest

If I had music on while I was reading, I couldn't hear myself. That would cause great confusion.
  16. augidog

augidog Banned

well, let's turn it up!

can you hear me now?
  17. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I very seldom listen to music. When I do, it doesn't matter much what type it is - the only type I won't listen to is rap. However, if I am in the mood for music (for me, a peculiar state) by choice, I will almost always begin by listening to Rammstein, and similar heavy metal.