What on earth is this thing?

Nahom

Local time
2:49 PM
I never noticed this in the kit before until now. I'm guessing it's something to do with the filter funnel- I hope its not important because I've never used it :(
20161204_194822.jpg

20161204_200234.jpg
20161204_200249.jpg
thats the filter for inside petrol tank it screws into your fuel tap

Oh lord did I f*** up by not putting one in there? Thanks for the speedy reply
Have I put it on correctly now?

Edit: google says it's called a fuel tank strainer/filter screen. And that it's ok to forget about it as long as I keep gas tank clean.

Last edited:
The tanks usually end up having at least SOME rust or contaminates in them, keep it on and clean it every few months. No matter how clean I keep my tank something is always on that filter.

generally i leave them out and use an inline filter , if you leave it in its likely to get blocked and cleaning it is a pain.

it's on properly.

I personally don't bother with them. I much prefer an inline filter.

you mean this ?
fuel filter(inline).jpg

I thought both were supposed to be used... but if one or the other is fine and there is no cleaning with the inline filter in the pic I'll just go with that too. Thanls guys!

Yeah I only run an inline filter, the one inside my old tank was rusted out and had holes when I bought my parts junker. Just tore my carb apart and cleaned it yesterday, didn't see anything so the inline is doing it's job fine.

I use both, because if one fails the other will catch it. never had a clog in either filter

If I was worried about failure I'd put in a second inline filter, I can't be arsed to unscrew my petcock to check something when it's done at a glance with an inline.

Back