What replacement spark plugs do you use? (chinese 2-stroke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are extra threads left on the head so what wont that just be some carbon left on the last thread or so and if you screw a longer plug in the head it should just go through the carbon.

Ok the Diamondfire E3.12 looks like the right plug thread wise,but I'm a little conserned that it's a shorter overall plug than the original which is taller. Just visually seeing the plugs against each other tells me the Diamondfire is a hotter plug. Isn't anyone concerned about this? Sure it's Chinese engineering but even they know what plug to put in their product I would think.
I fear some detonation or something. Funny how I actually have this plug on hand. I originally bought it for my chain saw.
So before I stick this bad boy in there and hold on,anyone out there been using this with no ill effects?

If there are extra threads left on the head so what wont that just be some carbon left on the last thread or so and if you screw a longer plug in the head it should just go through the carbon.
But in some cases that little bit of gas that pools between the threads is just enough to cause pre-ignition. It may not be so bad in these little engines but I wouldn't take too many chances on it especially when finding the right plug is under 5 bucks.

Seems the diamondfire's threads are a little short too,but my original plug is black from running too rich I'm supposing. I turned the screw up some then threw in that plug anyway. Will see how it looks down the road. Engine is still getting broken in with 7 oz to a gallon mix.

NGK B6H S - fits well.

Attachments

• P1010048.JPG
    P1010048.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 1,824
I am running the NGK B6HS on my bike it burns beautifull with syntetic oil lol!!!!!

I noticed that someone had recommended the Champ CJ7Y. I would not use it in my bike because of it being too short....but it's quite possible that not all Chinese heads are of the same thickness as mine, so it might work well on some engines.[/QUOTE]

I have Dax 50cc withLD Z4C factory plug. Just got back from Autozone with a CJ7Y. It does not even come close to the bottom of the head.

I know little about plugs, but if one fits can it be used or are there ( I don't know what word to say) different voltages or sparking ???? that would damage the motor even if the plug fit perfectly?

Last edited by a moderator:
different heat ranges, yes...also, gap can affect heat...

WARNING: we've been noticing here in town that going after a hotter spark may be a bad idea: it seems ALL of the pre-mix is burning, not a good thing on a happy-time. cruzin's engine toasted rings/piston/cylinder the other day (upper bushing is fine, go figure) and that's at a 25:1 ratio. while the crank area had plenty of residual oiling, the combustion area was dry as a bone.

On my Mitsu TLE 43, the stock plug was an NGK BPMR8Y. I couldn't find that locally, so I'm running an Autolite 2974
Might be my imagination, but the 2974 doesn't seem to give me the same "giddyup", but the motor does wind out higher with it. (I like it)

I am at a loss with reasoning when it comes to people saying that they get a more complete burn with some plugs than other. If you start a fire in the cylinder, is part of it going to go out? I say, If it ignites, it burns all of it not just some. I do understand the extra depth threads compounding oil, so ya the right length but as far as splitfire plugs etc. fire is fire!
Please repair my thinking if possible and only if wrong. Thanks
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back