What Schwinn bike is this?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jimmyglitter, Mar 7, 2008.

1. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

I would like to know what bike is used for the derringer cycle at

I can't find it on the Schwinn website.

2. Irish John

Irish John Guest

What bike?

I don't think it is a Schwinn. There are other cruiser frames made by all sorts of manufacturers. maybe 'Electra' or 'Felt'
  3. Alan

Alan Member

I think I read somewhere that all Derringers are hand built.
  4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Sure they are...the same way all of our motorized bikes are "hand built". I used my hands to build it.
  5. Alan

Alan Member

The frames.
  6. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

To expand on that- look at the tank- it is a tank for an '80s vintage General Moped, as far as I can tell.

The "BAMF-II" model they sell is none other than the Grubee 4 stroke "Whopper Stopper II" kit.

The springer fork is a fork you can get from any lowrider website for about $40.00- I have one on my own bike.

The "board track style" handlebars are regular beach cruiser bars upside down.

As for the frame, it could be one of several types- but it has the single bar on top, so it is not a traditional cantilever frame where the two smaller bars run from the wheel stays all the way to the front. To me, it does not look like a Felt or an Electra, but it looks like a basic cruiser frame of some sort.

I'm not saying they are not good bikes- I am just saying I don't see anything there that someone with moderate skills could not build.
  7. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

looks almost like rolands frames from greenline or mccargie frames ther like 35 a pop if you get 50 at a time