what should i sell my stingray for?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eltatertoto, Mar 7, 2009.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

hey all. i could use your honest opinions on how much i should sell my stingray for. right now ive probablly got about $350 invested in it and the only thing wrong with it is a flat back tire, that i dont plan on replacing before i sell on ebay. i want to know what you all think i should set the reserve at. 100% it wont go lower than 250. personally i think somone would pay 500 but thats like saying yr kid is the best. i am looking through a "fathers" eyes. if that makes sense.so i would like your opinions on what i should list it for... thanks alot!!

i probablly should clean it and take some wd-40 to the spot rust. its been sitting since june lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

DO replace that back tyre.
    If i was looking through your ad i'de be suspect about a MB that wasn't in any rideable condition;i'de pay a lot less for it.
    Spend a few $'s ya cheapskate. :)
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

just guessing here on a price -- 300 to 400 dollars

but as mentioned above -- that's with two tires holding air

air makes it nice when we ride the motor bike thing
  4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

lol thanks mountain man. that definately makes me feel better that you think somone might pay 400. i think i might set the reserve at like 350-375. once i fix the tire. i just dont wanna wait a week and 1/2 to post it lol. they stopped selling stingrays and stingray stuff a while agao 'round here...
  5. Ya Tater think about what you did to her let's not even talk about the HT adaptor that makes these kits work for these bikes and what you needed to do to clear your chain from that wide tire 400 is more than a fair deal.
    You see people on e bay trying to sell their bike bugs and rear friction drives for 12 to 15 hundred 400 is more than a fair reserve.
  6. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

alright, that makes me feel a ton better lol. now i just gotta fix that stripped shaft for the magnito nut.... didnt know my battery powered impact had that much power, and i also didnt know my engine had that much compression lol. i was gonna work on her today, but with the tornados passing over my house, ive been a little pre-occupied storm chasing on my scooter lmao.......man im dumb lol

--got decent footage though!
  7. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Just wait a couple of months and I bet you'll get a lot more for them!
    Just a suggestion, but a Craigslist ad might be better than eBay to find a local buyer.

Why are you selling your MB's? Getting out of the hobby?
  8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i already tried craigs. noone wants to buy right now being the off season. im not getting out of the hobby. im keeping the bike im doing a donut in in my pic. the thing is that no one will hire me being that im 15, under the legal age and i realllllllllly want a bike. so im selling the honda (scooter on the right in my sig) the 4 stroker and my stingray to help buy a bike. im sure as soon as i get a place of my own ill have quite a few of them again lol.:devilish: my dad is pushing hard though. he really wants me to get a bike...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009