What the heck???

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Wheres my dog, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

2. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

Heck maybe i should sell mine for 1200 dollars. And buy 6 more bike and motors and sell off ebay like these idiots do. I feel for the dumb@# who buys these bikes from these people good god how freaking stupid are people now days.
  3. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

"black widow edition" he says....

It has a red seat and crooked stick on letters on the gas tank.... what in the &^%$^ makes this a "black widow edition"???

and 2.75 horsepower..... really now, did he dyno this thing???
  4. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

check out the chain tensioner
  5. retromike3

retromike3 Member

price is relative

I think that most motorbicycle owners never think their time has any value. How long does it take you to set up and build a bike and a motor? I actually modify the frame and forks on my bikes (I weld a new set of horizontal track ends to my frame and then weld a rear derailleur hanger to the pedal side) On my latest build I set it up with a longer front fork and welded new cantilever mounts to match the 26 in wheels.

At my local bike shop they charge two hundred and fifty bucks for just tune-up(during the summer) So maybe if you can get somebody to back up their work maybe it's not that big of a price to pay.

On the other hand,if all their selling is a stock huffy and a stock skyhawk then somebody is getting taken. I am thinking that the right price would be about three hundred dollars.

6. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

7. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

I see nothing more here then a virgin unmodified bicycle....

And check out that chain tensioner...
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

If you can get your engine chain correct without the tensioner.... that's a good thing.

Personally.... I'd rather use the tensioner on the pedal side. (if need be)
  9. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I see this all the time. If you look around e-bay a lot you will see the same thing. There are a lot of people who are building these bikes and trying to sell them for a ton of money. I guess that they must think that the average person has no idea that you can buy an engine kit for a bike for a little over $100.00. It's like they think that what they have is one of a kind and that it's something unique, and that's why they put such a high price on it.
    now, if it's a one off custom built bike that is extremely well done, with hand made parts and custom paint that's one thing.
    If it's something like this that's just a stock bike with a motor kit bolted to it, that's another thing.
    I really like his stick-on vinyl lettering on the tank....now THAT'S custom...lol.
    I love how his description says " custom made in black widow style."...lol
    $1200.00....if this thing sells for $1200.00, i need to start a business.
  10. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

the rest of the stuff he's selling and has sold is flea market ****

the crooked vinyl stickers are worth $1200 alone...
  11. greguk

greguk Member

It's because rich suckers gets poorer and expect to get money back invested in overpriced stuff.
  12. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Well fellas....

As expected in my mind anyways.....

ZERO bids and a day and a half left for the auction!
  13. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Well... he DID weld on the frame extention for the rear axle, there was some modification there... his graphix suck raw eggs, he does have some skill with a rattle-can and there are some chrome tidbits here and there... but $1200?!? What a bill of goods!!! I MIGHT ask $500 for my Cranbrick, and it looks HELLA better.
  14. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Please note that the lettering is so the rider can see what he's riding (in case he forgets) while passers by will ask, "What WAS that masked Bicycle?" or something like that. Clearly aimed at people who breed pet rocks...