What the TRUCK!!!!

adrian101

Local time
5:33 AM
Why do i keep blowing Exhaust Gaskets? I have the billet head on a 66cc motor. It's the fifth Gasket :(

Is there something better i could use apart from the Sh#T gasket material or copper?

I have alloy one

I got a alloy exhaust from SBP and it seems to work for me. I have a slant head and a tuned pipe. I blew through my share of paper gaskets before this one. I also got stronger grade bolts and I double bolted the mounts to keep them from rattling loose.

mike

What comes to mind first is the mating surface between the flange and cylinder do not match well. In a perfect world, no exhaust gasket should be necessary.

Flange could be too thin.
Fastener for the flange could be faulty.
Exhaust pipe could be mounted poorly for the application causing that joint to flex.
Engine could be insufficiently mounted causing flex, and failure at that connection.

It's probably a combo of all the above.

Good luck
rc

NAPA has some hi-temp gasket material, for cheap. Works good.
The stock paper gaskets are junk.

I'm running one without a gasket, right now.

the aluminum gasket from sbp is the way to go. the aluminum is thick, but soft enough so that it will conform to the irregular surfaces of the exahust port on the engine and pipe.
I have them on both of my engines, and I have not blown one yet (2 years running on both engines).

Back