What to wear while riding?

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by AlexRSS8, Apr 19, 2009.

?

What do you wear?

1. pants, shirt, shoes helmet

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. thongs (sandals to you americans), shorts and a shirt

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Motorcycle gear

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. option 2 with helmet

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Other (Leave a response when voting this option)

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. AlexRSS8

AlexRSS8 Member

Hey guys, just wondering,
    What do you guys wear while riding?
    generally i go by the policy all enclosed, that being fully enclosed shoes with the laces tucked, a pair of longleg jeans, a shirt with a jacket (on cold days) and a helmet

Out of curiosity, what do you guys wear while riding those motor bike things (as mountain man would call them respectively).

Have a vote on the pole and leave a response, always good :) .

2. boogerballs

boogerballs Member

Since my crash in shorts yesterday, my vote is for LONG PANTS, shoes, shirt with light jacket and helmet.

3. grouchyolfart

grouchyolfart Member

This is paradise. Shorts and t-shirts. Long rides, add shoes and helmet. Short rides (less than a block or for tuning) "rubbah slippahz". If we fall down and get road rash, we go in the house, clean off the scrape and put on a clean pair of shorts and t-shirt then go out and ride some more. :grin5:

4. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Jeans, Shirt/jacket if neccessary, gloves, helmet (DOT), boots and goggles. Got to protect them peepers. Bug can do a lot of damage if eyes not protected.

5. nsideus

nsideus Guest

Here are some pics of my outfit

Attached Files:

6. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

7. seanhan

seanhan Member

I only wear my sunglasses
    That's it !!!!

8. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Nsidius that is soooo inappropriate, I have a good mind to report that post.

9. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

The mental images are too much to bare!!:ack2::jester:

10. augidog

augidog Banned

i tell folks it's ok for the kids to browse MBc, because it usually is. from a "vendor" no less...where the heck have manners (and appreciation) gone? http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=19534

i always wear longpants, jacket or longshirt, boots, gloves, goggles, DOT helmet :cool2:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  11. Shadeslay

Shadeslay Member

Depends on the weather for me.

Today was option 2 with a helmet, although I did wear shoes. To hot for pants and long sleeves, was about 80.

12. pooja84

pooja84 Member

The most important thing is a good quality helmet. I usually wear shorts and a t-shirt while riding.

13. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

Even in the Aussie heat, I ride with helmet, denim jeans, long sleeves, leather boots or sneakers. Also I always wear carbonfibre/kevlar gloves.

If you come off your bike, instinctually what will be the first thing to hit the ground? Your hands...

14. wanger

wanger Guest

Clothes Usually

15. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

usually here in southern Calif

helmet
    shorts
    tennis shoes
    t-shirt
    backpack

and to be facing the facts of MB life
    if one takes a spill with this set up on
    we know -- it will not be pretty -- especially the knees
    as proven to myself one again just a few weeks back !!!

ride that THING sideways !!!

16. AlexRSS8

AlexRSS8 Member

awesomeness, im looking to buy a proper motorcycle jacket, as well as motorcycle helmet, and if your going to be doing speeds in excess of 50km+ you really need to wear some serious gear.

This coming from the time i stupidly wore denim shorts whilst riding and tearing half my face, legs and and arms.

17. DIYMark

DIYMark Member

Since my crash its normally long pants now (possibly gloves too), and a helmet (always wear it).

I went down at 53Km/h on a off camber corner over a crest on a gravel road (if all that makes sense). I tried to ride the bike home but the front tyre blew out and I nearly crashed again - so I had to push the bike back 9 Km with shredded knees and hands! Couldnt walk properly for a week haha.

I went down hard and slammed my knees and hands then ended up rolling into the gutter! Knees had 2 flat spots worn into them after being filed flat on the road. Came to, dusted my self off and the bike was still going - after hitting the bank hard! Now thats reliability! So I picked out the big pieces of gravel then made my way back lol

18. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

19. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

20. tomaz

tomaz New Member

Thinking the same

When I ride to work so far the mornings are fairly cool and it's Helmet (always the helmet) goggles, jacket and jeans or work pants. But on the afternoon ride home it is always a debate on if i should wear a jacket or just a tshirt. For those of us that have had major road rash before... (dowhill skateboarding I got the speed wobbles and the choice was hit a car or bail, I bailed :bigcry:). Summer is fastly approching and it gets pretty hot here so the question is what to do, Sweat it out or run the risk. Concidering how ignorant people are about us on the road I going to have to go with just loosing the jacket everything else stays.