• pants, shirt, shoes helmet

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • thongs (sandals to you americans), shorts and a shirt

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Motorcycle gear

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • option 2 with helmet

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other (Leave a response when voting this option)

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
Depends on the weather for me.

Today was option 2 with a helmet, although I did wear shoes. To hot for pants and long sleeves, was about 80.

The most important thing is a good quality helmet. I usually wear shorts and a t-shirt while riding.

Even in the Aussie heat, I ride with helmet, denim jeans, long sleeves, leather boots or sneakers. Also I always wear carbonfibre/kevlar gloves.

If you come off your bike, instinctually what will be the first thing to hit the ground? Your hands...

usually here in southern Calif

helmet
shorts
tennis shoes
t-shirt
backpack

and to be facing the facts of MB life
if one takes a spill with this set up on
we know -- it will not be pretty -- especially the knees
as proven to myself one again just a few weeks back !!!

ride that THING sideways !!!

awesomeness, im looking to buy a proper motorcycle jacket, as well as motorcycle helmet, and if your going to be doing speeds in excess of 50km+ you really need to wear some serious gear.

This coming from the time i stupidly wore denim shorts whilst riding and tearing half my face, legs and and arms.

Since my crash its normally long pants now (possibly gloves too), and a helmet (always wear it).

I went down at 53Km/h on a off camber corner over a crest on a gravel road (if all that makes sense). I tried to ride the bike home but the front tyre blew out and I nearly crashed again - so I had to push the bike back 9 Km with shredded knees and hands! Couldnt walk properly for a week haha.

I went down hard and slammed my knees and hands then ended up rolling into the gutter! Knees had 2 flat spots worn into them after being filed flat on the road. Came to, dusted my self off and the bike was still going - after hitting the bank hard! Now thats reliability! So I picked out the big pieces of gravel then made my way back lol

Thinking the same

When I ride to work so far the mornings are fairly cool and it's Helmet (always the helmet) goggles, jacket and jeans or work pants. But on the afternoon ride home it is always a debate on if i should wear a jacket or just a tshirt. For those of us that have had major road rash before... (dowhill skateboarding I got the speed wobbles and the choice was hit a car or bail, I bailed :bigcry:). Summer is fastly approching and it gets pretty hot here so the question is what to do, Sweat it out or run the risk. Concidering how ignorant people are about us on the road I going to have to go with just loosing the jacket everything else stays.

Back