whats 49cc engine like with hills

oldpot

Local time
2:22 PM
when the time comes (looking for a bike first) i will be getting 1 of 2 kits first 49cc 2 stroke kit , or a 49cc 2 or 4 stroke friction kit ,(mi laws) i got 1 hill i will be going up a lot (takes me to my veg plot) and wonder if both the kits will take me up it (i am 220 pounds)the hill is about 100-150 foot long about 25-35% angle i just don't want to get off like i do now on my normal bike (as when i don't get off i feel like i am having a heart attack when i get to the top lol).

Oldpot, there are main mods that you can do to the 49HT. All the kits come with 44T rear sprocket, you'll need to also order a larger rear sprocket than the 44t? Torque will be the name of the game!!!!!!!!!!!~

Glen

so what sprocket will be the best geebt , and how fast will a (say 49cc2 stroke) go and will the larger sprocket slow the overhaul speed of the 49cc ?? i think i read somewhere it might ?

ty geebt
you got link to them i cannot find any for him?
now another problem i got i am still looking for a bike now i sent the good vibration on back (bad rims and tires) i wanting a cruiser but not sure what now ,i seen some old cruisers on Craigslist for about 80-120 good ones as well dont want a lot of work on them but you can get a new one for that price and no work there Ready to go ,
are the old bikes better than the new ones. ???

If you are going with a friction drive kit stay away from bubble bee.
He has to try way to hard with spam after spam and lie after lie to sell his kits.
I have yet to hear of a happy bumblebee customer.

Old Pot I have two 48cc 2 strokes, one with a 41 tooth the other a 44. The 44 climbs better the 41 is easier on the engine. A 48 tooth would probably handle most normal hills, just don't over Rev it on the down slope.

Yes, considering it's a fixed gear ratio down slopes can kill engine. So, what you need to do is find a comfortable spot, and stick with it. I know that's the advantage of the shift kit

I have not yet found a hill that I have to get of and walk on a 66cc with a 44tooth back sprocket. Of course on the really steep hills I have to give the engine some pedal assist but it's not like hard pedalling or anything.

You should be able to tackle this hill with a 49cc and some pedal assist without having a heart attack!

Back