Whats a fair price to sell my bike.

PAPAROACH

Local time
12:44 AM
There is a guy on CL that is looking for a MB and mentioned a OCC schwinn. i emailed him and waiting for a reply but i am wondering what is a fair price for my bike and whats the lowest i should go? i have pics in my albums for viewing. Thanks Fellow Gear Heads.

Looks like a nice clean build for sure. I wish we could include our labor when selling these babies.
Of course there worth as much as "how bad someone want's it". :D Wild guess? Lowest? $400.00
How bad do you need to sell it will have a lot to do with it.

Attachments

• user13427_pic9140_1305158992.jpg
    user13427_pic9140_1305158992.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Thanks for the imputs. Havent hered back from the guy but i think i will start the haggeling at 650 and take no less than 600. I also wish the labor was included cause i must have at 500.00 in labor too.

PR...
If yer in it to get your money out & yer labor, talley it up!
It's a nice bike and someone would be fortunate to have it.
If it's the last resort, well...
Good luck!
rc

really?? $650.00 to start and $600.00 is the lowest you'd take....for that bike? missing bolts in the rear sprocket? seat bracket made out of flat stock painted flat black? a boring black stock tank? no rear brakes? stock exhaust?
wow, maybe i should put mine up for sale?

chop5.jpg

Last edited:
Well good!
Now we got a little bit of competition going!
Anyone else wanna get involved?
It's all good.
rc

I don't want your whole bike, I'll buy that exhaust though? Lol

well, here's what it took to make this exhaust.
bbbbbbb.jpg

I modified the stock muffler end cap and baffle, and i stuffed it up inside the muffler body to hide it.
it's attached to the muffler body with 2 rivits hidden on the back side.
ccc.jpg

I cut off the stock flange from the long pipe, cut off a section with the flange from the stock pipe, and welded the section to the long pipe. this allowed me to extend the length of the pipe after the flange for crank clearance. the stock long pipe will not clear the cranks on an o.c.c. chopper.
I put 3 steel rings over the weld to hide the seam.
cc.jpg

here's the modified baffle and end cap that i used.
bbbbbbbbb.jpg

bbbbbbbb.jpg

I used the "long street pipe" from boy go fast, and parts of the stock pipe & muffler to build this custom pipe.
it's not a straight pipe and since it has a modified baffle, it's only slightly louder than stock, but it does have a nice "pop-pop-pop" sound to it.

Last edited:
Back