what's next? 20deg. below?

stude13

Local time
12:55 PM
it seems most areas of the US are experiencing abnormal weather this winter. we in the nw sure have. i have many relatives still living in alaska so i watch the conditions in fairbanks. their first real cold weather came a week ago. it is no hovering around 50 below and lowering. this last happened in the late 70.s and then moved south, crossing the entire lower 48 and froze the east coast like they hadnt seen in a 100yrs. ice fog is shown cleary on a downtown camera in downtown arctic cam. if you have any interest in this stort, checkout. fairbanks daily news miner. i have lived through this type of cold and worse while working 18yrs in the north slope oil fields. its coming folks, be ready. mitch

lololol must be that global warming thing they have been talking about muahahahah. What a crock. Global warming, just something for the scientists to keep there jobs. Until we have 80 degree winters I'll never be convinced of Global warming. I think just because the ice caps are braking off is not because of global warming , but the ice is old and has to die like everything else. MO.

moddy edit....stop it.....funny yes, but,,,stop it! :p

They say we may approach 50°F this week. Of course just in time for work!

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the first statements made about gw was that storm patterns and fluctuations in local and world wide weather, would produce extremes. it never was meant to say world teperatures would rise linealy. the most extreme changes going on now are at the poles, exactly as predicted.

It's been unusual. It was cold in FL all the way to May last year! Now it's warm right now, but I don't know how long it may last.

Last edited:
Sorry. Didn't even realize I was being foul. Allow me to say it's been cold.

Funny thing this AM, took the pooch for a walk didn't even think about wearing gloves in sub 32° F weather. Acclimated.

As for global this or that, how the heck can anyone say we are going this way or that, long term, globally based on a month or two in a few spots? Weather does not equal climate.

One of my Grandfather's favorite saying about the weather was "Let it come, we were here first". I don't plan on having grandkids but for sure I will pass it on to them if we do.

I kind of have been enjoying the whiteness here in Bellingrad. Beats p133ing down all day rain anyday of the week, month even.

Before too long we will be dusting off that idea to all get together for a spring thaw ride. So let's keep our eyes open for that weather also! I hope it comes before the middle of February though as I have to travel this spring.

I don't know if it will work but I told both my boys, 26 and 23 to not worry about having any to carry on the family name like my dad and gramps did to me. Not that I regret having had kids as it worked out well for all of us. But both my boys are in tune to the ways of the world and both want to see a better chance of a life for their progeny before having any, plus they both lead extremely active lifestyles. Whereas 20+ years ago there was a brighter picture, or at least we thought there was. Sorry about the doom and gloom but there is alot more wrong with this planet than global warming, and it is not occurring naturally either.
51196842.jpg

Feeling a little nostalgic here on the day of my younger son's birthday. Here is a shot of all of us, with girlfriends the day after Thanksgiving.
DSC02381.jpg

I would wager a few of the old regulars on here that are conspicuously absent these days would know the general vicinity that picture was taken at?
Another frosty awaits.

Back