What's the best 4 stroke kit ?

M

mrb

I've had a few two stroke bikes. I want to put a 4 stroke on my 26" Nirve Beach Cruiser, willing to spend around 500.00, I don't need a shift kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Copy a KC Vale build.
He looking to go direct drive, not a shifter.
This is the kit I always use.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4G-T-Belt-Drive-Complete-Gas-Powered-Engine-Kit.html
$350

This is an Electra, but they are similar to the Nirve.

2_4sElectra2L-1280.jpg

Lots of room in the frame.

I've had a few two stroke bikes. I want to put a 4 stroke on my 26" Nirve Beach Cruiser, willing to spend around 500.00, I don't need a shift kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated !

I have a two stroke on a Nirve B-1. I don't think I could squeeze a four stroke into It. but I haven't tried so it might just fit. You might want to check out frame size for motorized bike on youtube. they have a template you can use to check your frame. Which Nirve are you building on?

I have a two stroke on a Nirve B-1. I don't think I could squeeze a four stroke into It. but I haven't tried so it might just fit. You might want to check out frame size for motorized bike on youtube. they have a template you can use to check your frame. Which Nirve are you building on?

just to add, you can do a few things to reduce the motor size requirements.

- remove the entire air filter plastics and just stick a the foam over the intake (~1" from length)
- remove the plastic burn guard from the exhausts (~1.5" from length)
- file down the oil cap to a nub
- cut the choke lever to just a nub (you don't need that "L" lever to operate the choke, ~1" off the top)

It is a pity that most retail bikes don't fit the HS-142F and we have to limit ourselves to certain bike types and frame sizes. I was able to get the HS-142F in a mountain bike - I don't like cruisers... Take this guide as a high estimate in size reduction and use the size guide from BikeBerry.

Thanks for the info, I've seen that kit on helios, piston bikes and gasbike. There all the same right? One more question one piece pedal crank or the BB conversion kit ?

Thanks for the info, I've seen that kit on helios, piston bikes and gasbike. There all the same right? One more question one piece pedal crank or the BB conversion kit ?
The kits are not all the same. The kits on bicycle engines.com have the 4g belt drives. They cost a little more , but in my opinion the bearing rather than bushing clutch mounting is worth the added expense. If you buy the whole kit the crank set will come with it.

If my Bikeberry tranmission fails. I will not pass Go but go directly to 4G - T. On small horse power engines it is the most efficient.

There multiple types of 4G's including on for the Honda/HS long shaft that uses the same bushing and bell on the shaft system.

To use the 4G I use you need a clutch attached short shaft engine.
HS 142F-1G.

Back