Whats the best bicycle/frame to mount a standard motor kit on?

Seenote0

Local time
4:57 PM
Im just curious whats best. Let me know as I will be building a few bicycles and posting pictures later.

Im also looking for a faster motor and a motor mount for my 80cc engine kit for my Schwinn American 26".

Last edited:
New motor bikers are advised to use a steel beach cruiser or steel mountain bikes work well when the top tube is parallel with the ground, or doesn't slope much.
Aluminum frame tubing has a larger diameter, requiring the use of a a special mount or muffler clamp.
Stretch or Limo frames usually require fabricated motor mounts or an engine mount plate.
Study the photo gallery and you will see the problems involved in mounting engines to bikes other than the ones I suggested.
Get some experience before tackling a chopper or more complicated build.

New motor bikers are advised to use a steel beach cruiser or steel mountain bikes work well when the top tube is parallel with the ground, or doesn't slope much.
Aluminum frame tubing has a larger diameter, requiring the use of a a special mount or muffler clamp.
Stretch or Limo frames usually require fabricated motor mounts or an engine mount plate.
Study the photo gallery and you will see the problems involved in mounting engines to bikes other than the ones I suggested.

yep... pretty good advice.

Yeah im thinking of buying a welder. Either that or come up with a mount myself. I have a 12 ton press at my disposal so I think i can do something, just need to come up with a good design.

I have a rigid frame huffy mt bike, and an orange moon dog cruiser, also a rigid frame. The next bike I build will at the very least have front suspension, and a suspension seatpost. The more I think about it, I probably will go out and buy an inexpensive new or nice used 'comfort' bike, like a schwinn searcher or skyliner....something under 200 bucks . I like the looks of a cruiser type frame personally, and street tires are a must for me. I only wish disc brakes came standard on these lower end bikes.

I have a rigid frame huffy mt bike, and an orange moon dog cruiser, also a rigid frame. The next bike I build will at the very least have front suspension, and a suspension seatpost. The more I think about it, I probably will go out and buy an inexpensive new or nice used 'comfort' bike, like a schwinn searcher or skyliner....something under 200 bucks . I like the looks of a cruiser type frame personally, and street tires are a must for me. I only wish disc brakes came standard on these lower end bikes.

Yeah im also looking for an engine that can fit my dual shock MT out of the box.

Back