whats the farthest anyone has ridden one

A

andrewflores17

just wandering if i should take it to my freinds house its about 10-15 miles

I would take afew tools with me, being 15 miles out and having a problem would suck.

thanks i just didnt want to get past my highschool and then have to pedal the rest of the way

i never leave the house without my tools

thanks you guys

Hi , I go out on 25 milers all the time. And yes I do take tools also. I have large baskets on the back of my bike for camping trips and shopping at the Food Lion and such and I have a tool kit I throw in the back when I go any distance at all . So far not much trouble but you never know. That locktite thing is for real. You will get to know what bolts loosen up and can lockum all and avoid alot of problems. That is important to do if you want to have trouble free trips.I had fender bolts fall out ,kickstand rod fall out, chain guard bolts and on and on etc etc. and finally went and bought the red and the blue type thread lock and went to town with the stuff. Now its rare that anything loosens up. Tom in WV

My best day was 220 miles in about 11 hours, from just east of Eufaula, AL to Polkton FL. inc. lots of stopping and talking to folks.

Est. miles on the summer Denver round trip was 2,050, on a little more than 8 1/2 gallons of gas.
Best day was about 200 miles, with the wind at my back, screaming through central Kansas. Most other times, I misjudged the headwind. I can't understand why Dorothy wanted to get back to Kansas from Oz.

If the Australians are still up for a coast to coast challenge next year, I calculate Charleston SC to LA/SD in 15-16 days.

Edward- That RICHMOND KANSAS rang a bell, if I hadn't filled my tanks in Moran ($1.12), and if your stations were open before seven, I would have left you some sales tax income, at least for wakeup cuppa joe.

I had camped out about 5 miles south of Garnett, next to the Deer Creek (where I learned DO NOT PITCH CAMP AT SUNSET UNDER A CEDAR TREE). Heading s. from Richmond, cross that creek, there is an abandonded house on your right, (west side of Hwy 59).and across the road is a barn and two small round metal storage buidings.

That damn tree full of TICKS is on the north side of the house, there also was a huge honeybee nest on near the upper window of that north side wall.

I left at camp at dawn, went north thru Richmond, had coffee and donuts-plus a great apricot dealio AT THAT HOME OWNED DONUT SHOP in south OTTAWA, the owner is from Chicago I think, really nice folks, Please, if you ever stop there tell them HI from the bamabike guy who they gave a free sample apricotthingamabob back last May.

So I hit Ottawa at 8a.m., Council Grove at 11 (talked to the newspaper there), north to Manhattan (great view of the Kaw Valley), then caught that 25-30 mph tailwind. I was theoretically going to stop at Glen Elder (thumbs down, looks crappy).

But the wind whooshed me past that area, ended up camping about 20 miles due south of Lebonon KS (near Dispatch). Next morning, up at dawn I went to that Geological Center of the US, up to Red Cloud NB, and returning south over the Republican River I hit a 35 mph HEADWIND, with every hog farm up breeze, convoys of hog manure haulers passing me putt-putt-putting up against that ungodly wind.

Anyway, I remembered Richmond, because I think I COULD NOT use the rest room there, I went through too early in the morning. You Kansans get up late, don't you?

But that days ride was excellent, memorable because it was the only time the wind was my friend all day long.

I have a lot of Kansas pix in my Picasa Album place, OVERLOOK THE BLACK SPOT ON MY LENS, I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD A BLACK SPOT ON MY LENS UNTIL I TOOK 300 PICTURES. It like having my personal UFO.

http://picasaweb.google.com/home

I think its the 4th or 5th album down from the top, with the Dylan65 theater marquis on the front. I liked those metal sculptures of wagon trains and Indian warriors I kept coming across. I think I passed about 5 of those hilltop sculptors.

Back