What's up?

chrisme

Local time
9:45 AM
I'm Chris, 19, and live in Maine.
^^ that mandatory part of the introduction is over. lol

I'm also pretty good with 2 stroke engines. I have had outboards, and weed whackers and stuff all apart. I have never seen a carburetor like this one with the sleeve thing, but I get how it works, so it's all good :D
I just got the 80cc (66cc) kit from kings, and it is a sweet little kit!
I currently don't have a bike to put it on... I'm having a hard time finding a good one. Anyone in Maine have a bike they want to sell me?
ha, I'll find something eventually. Hopefully... I'm a bit impatient to get this going (obviously).

That's it for now I guess

Hey, quick look at Craigslist-Maine-Bikes and lookee what I found!

A lot of 7 bikes, there are Mongoose, Trek, Huffy, and more. Some work, some are for parts come and get them all for $75.00 If you want to buy just the Trek, it will be $75.00 so the choice is up to you. Call 207-332-7740 I have no pictures of any of them and I do not know anything about them, thats why they are so cheap!! $75.00 Takes them away.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

^^ I actually saw that, but I'm not driving 2+ hours to go look at bikes that I can't see pics of, I kinda live in the middle of nowhere.

So I picked up a mountain bike today. Got the install pretty much done, including shortening my chain. I used pliars to pull off the link, and tomorrow I'll cut the chain to length.
The only problem remaining unresolved (as far as building is concerned...) is that the pedal hits the exhaust. I'll still bolt it up and get it going down a hill... I'm DIEING to go for a ride :D
I'd be tempted to run it without the muffler until I get it fixed... but in my experience, running a 2 stroke without exhaust hasn't worked out very well...
I guess I'll ride it to the local muffler shop and have them bend it. I'm afraid to break it trying to bend it because I don't have a hot enough torch.
Well, how's that for an anti-climactic update... LOL... Tomorrow hopefully it includes pictures and a success story :D

Back