Where can I buy a whizzer/whizzer motor in Australia?

Look on ebay for a guy selling whizzer parts named whizzer paul. He can sell you one for about $375 U.S or may be able to order it for you and have it shipped from Taiwan to Australia.

I tried searching for him but didn't find him. Can you link? Is he legit/safe? I don't want to get scammed as I have no job and no money (welcome to world of a 15 yr old)

If you have no money, how are you going to afford a whizzer? Even the clone kits from Taiwan are going for $800 plus shipping. Last time I checked, they were still being sold on ebay. But if you've got no money, you aren't going to be able to afford one. Unless you've got really cool parents, in which case you're lucky.

If you have no money, how are you going to afford a whizzer? Even the clone kits from Taiwan are going for $800 plus shipping. Last time I checked, they were still being sold on ebay. But if you've got no money, you aren't going to be able to afford one. Unless you've got really cool parents, in which case you're lucky.

I will sell my dirt bike in order to get one, the dirt bike which I worked so hard for and spent all the money ive ever owned on. Thats why I dont want to get ripped off from a country with different laws.

Are these clone kits of the same quality as the original whizzers? Or are they not as reliable? Those are the ones I was meaning in the first post.

The original whizzer kits are no longer being sold. There are complete whizzer bikes that I think are still being sold by whizzer usa, but you're talking a few grand for a complete bike, unless you get one used, but then to find one for sale used and have the seller be willing to ship to australia is going to be tough. From what I have heard, both the new whizzer engines and the clone engines need a little work to make them run properly and reliably. There is a member here who would be willing to do the work for a fair price, but you would have to work out the shipping details. His name is quenton guenther. Your best bet is to contact him and see what you can work out.

Go on EBAY and try to find a vintage motor that is either rebuilt or needs rebuilt. The vintage motors are far more reliable and lots of parts are still available. The vintage motors are magneto and don't need the expensive modules [CDI, AC/DC relay, Regulator, coil, flasher, etc.] and wiring harness to work. The vintage motors have a lot of torque and the clutch system actually works correctly, whereas the new edition motors have a lot of EXPENSIVE clutch issues.

If you elect to use the new edition motor, you will need to do a few upgrade to keep them working , and normally the upgrades are more costly than rebuilding a vintage Whizzer motor.

Average cost to rebuild a vintage motor is approx $400.00 [new seal, bearings, piston, rings, gaskets, labor, etc]. The new edition motor will need the cylinder and head upgraded to make them reliable, and with the labor, and parts will also cost approx $400.00 to make them work correctly. The vintage motor will gain value with time, whereas the new motors will continue to lose value for many years to come.

Hope this information is helpful.

Have fun,

The vintage can still be bought as a complete kit, you'll need more than just the motor.
Whizzers are not cheap, vintage or new edition. both work well. for the vintage be ready to spend about 1100.00 to 1800.00. new edition about 800.00 to 1100.00.

Shipping can be the biggest hurtle.

Ray

Back