Where can I get a #415 chain from, expedited?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by StrontiumEthics, Aug 18, 2008.

1. StrontiumEthics

StrontiumEthics Motored Bikes Sponsor

Where can I get a #415 chain, or a motorized bicycle chain from?, besides ebay, thatsdax.com, Kings.com, I need it to be overnight shipping, which they all dont offer, any ideas? and has to accept paypal as a payment.

2. dwsutton

dwsutton Member

Tractor Supply has them in stock if you have one in your area as well as Lowes in the nuts and bolts section.

3. StrontiumEthics

Any other suggestions, like websites persay?
  4. You need to ride today you can use a BMX chain believe it or not while waiting for your chain.
  5. I got mine at Lowe's - yes Lowes - 10 feet for $11.00 - hard to find - need to look above the hardware bins - and they have one specific for chain. -

Hope that helps

Troy Fitz
  6. StrontiumEthics

Oh yea? What kinda a BMX chain, give a an example.
  7. B.K. Hosken

B.K. Hosken Member

Glad to hear Tractor SUpply and maybe Lowe's have them...I ordered one from Dax and I can wait, but nice to know where I can get one TODAY if I need to.
  8. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

#41 is what you will get from Lowes or TSC- better than 415, fits fine, stronger, less expensive.
  9. B.K. Hosken

B.K. Hosken Member

I wish someone had told me #41 was the same or better before I ordered another 415 chain...oh well.
  10. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

11. You can go to Wal Mart and get that. Make sure it's for single speed. People have gotten higher grade stuff but yes. Any chain designed for single speed bikes.
  12. Yeah, sorry, it was 41 chain I got from Lowe's - slightly wider - and if I keep my chain too tight, it messes up the chain tension wheel - needs just a little freeplay due to the additional width. BUT, works great and doesn't stretch.

Troy Fitz.