Where can I get an 0.7mm main jet for an NT carb?

Just thinking - glad I didn't try a few more times after the transaction was declined or I couldn't pay my rent, due today.
(Each attempt locks up $25AU)
There's nothing like having money in the bank but being unable to spend it because a company on the other side of the world has effectively locked up my account.
I've never struck anything like this before, just nice smooth transactions for years.

... Steve

Last edited:
Most all vendors (including us) are pretty tired of credit card rip-offs (ie charge backs) - we ship a product thinking we have the money, only later find out someone purloined a real card but put a delivery address of their own....when owner of said card finds out his card has been hacked, vendor gets a charge back and is left holding nothing. So, we use AVS which should match things up. In general it works, but sometimes with addresses out of the USA it struggles a bit.

I can understand that. The problem did appear to be related to a mis-match between addresses.
I grabbed my last cc statement and painstakingly copied the address letter by letter to be sure, but the transaction was still declined.
Meantime, I just did some quick maths and reckon I can just scrape up enough to try ordering from one more vendor and still pay the rent, so I'll see what I can find with a Google search.
(Not giving up this easy.)

From the ZBox site, I was just pointed in the direction of http://www.ozminimoto.com.au

They have a range of (Dellorto PHBG) 5mm jets to suit NT carbs.
A bit expensive at $7AU, though.
Just emailed them re sizes.
Third time lucky?

... Steve

Last edited:
My jets arrived today - no problems with OzMiniMoto.
They didn't have all sizes in stock at the moment, so I got 0.65, 0.67 and 0.7mm.

My declined DellortoDirect order still has my money tied up. Once again, I'm glad I didn't make 10 attempts to order or I'd have about $250 tied up.

Pablo, regarding charge-backs and shipping the goods, doesn't that only apply to transactions that aren't declined? If the transaction is declined from the outset as mine was, why do they still lock up the funds? No goods will be shipped.
It seems to be a bit unfair.

... Steve

Cool you can get them locally. Way to go.

They STILL have your $ tied up? Wow. Monday was a holiday here, but still.

Yes settled transactions - I was just explaining the most frequent reason for declining. The reason for the lock-up is so automated thieves don't go amuck in a short period of time and rack up huge charges........something may be amiss if it's not cleared today.

Last edited:
I got a rude reply from them effectively saying 'what are you worried about - you'll get your money back', so I assume that I will.
My bank still lists both declined transactions as 'Pending Credit-card transactions', so I'll give it another 2 days max, then follow up.
Not too concerned, unless they move from 'pending' to 'complete'.

My shift kit must be almost here by now, too. Good timing. While I'm still a bit banged up to ride, I can tinker with fitting it, re-jetting etc.
No more accidents once I have a low gear for the gravel driveway.

... Steve

Last edited:
Watch out in low gear - it just means you will try more "stunts".....well at least that's what I do. I fell once........had my helmet on. Cause? Under inflated tires, and lazy biker couldn't take the time to fill them....learned my lesson.

Don't mind the odd 'mono' etc myself, just not keen on those front wheel slides.
Bloody under-inflated tyres. Got the third pinch-flat in 400km on my electric a few days ago. The valves weep and I forget to top up.
... Steve

Here we are, six days later, (Saturday afternoon here) and DellortoDirect still have the funds for the declined transactions tied up (or spent).
Off to the bank on Monday morning to sort this out, I guess.

For anyone reading this, be wary of dealing with DellortoDirect, or at least be prepared to have your funds tied up for a while if the cc transaction is declined.

... Steve

Back