where can i get an upgraded carb?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by pianoman8t8, Feb 10, 2007.

1. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

I tried contacting Grubee over e-mail, and it's been over a week, so is there anywhere else I can get one? I can't find them on ebay, either.

I got these pictures from another forum
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Barret

Barret Guest

3. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

anywhere less expensive? Grubbe has one for i believe $40 each, but i haven't heard back from them on over a week. I e-mailed them regarding that carb, but i haven't heard back from anybody. owell... Still looking for one around $40-50.

4. Barret

Barret Guest

I know, man. I really want one, too, but don't have all that cash at the moment! I do know that Grubee does not sell to individuals unless you are buying wholesale/bulk for retail sale. Mike Simpson buys from Grubee in bulk, and then sells to others.

I've purchased several items from Mike, and I recommend his products if you absolutely cannot find anything for your price range (and no, I do not work for him! :smile: ).

5. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

oh, ok, maybe thats why i never heard back form grubee...... owell... thanx for the info, though. maybe my price range is too low?????? :?

6. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

check out this place this is were i got my carb from revolution on ebay it doesnt show any on his web site but its worth a call to see if he has any laying around looks like on his site hes doing the 4 cycle engines now worth checking out me thinks larry ca

http://www.motorizedbicycles.net/

7. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

8. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

9. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

thanx for all the sites, guys. I'm definitely gonna check into all of them.

-Pianoman

10. Barret

Barret Guest

I just found these on the http://skyhawkcanada.com/catalogue.html page, about halfway down; they sell Grubee parts. It says a new carb is $40, but remember they are in Canada, so I'm sure that 1) that's in Canadian $$, so currently that's about $34.12 USD, and 2) shipping may be way expensive. I sent an email off to the guys there to see what it might cost to get one to me. If it's anywhere near the $75 Mike is charging for his, I will probably buy one from him.

[Mike says this is what the description is for his, and I think it's the same Grubee part as the Canadian guys, except for a few extras: NEW big carborator kits (remote choke model): new style throttle, remote choke lever and cable, K&N style Aircleaner, studs, and second motormount block - $75.00]

I love the idea of a remote choke to go on the handlebars! I've about wrecked a few times trying to finagle mine with my left hand while giving it a little gas with my right! :???:

11. chieflets

chieflets Guest

Just be cautious about carby airfilter cleremace of the seat post u might have to put low profile one

Chieflets

12. Barret

Barret Guest

Chieflets - I know, I thought about that when I looked closer at the pictures pianoman posted, but even though it probably won't fit my current bike, that just gives me reason to find a new frame! Right now I'm running my engine on a Huffy Cranbrook I bought for cheap at the local Wally-World Mega-Center. I really want an older, more sturdy frame, or even one that is newer but that this will fit on....

13. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

hi thtas what the second motor mount block is for that comes with the carb you use two blocks to push the engine out foward then it gives it room for the newer carb larry ca

14. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

yeah, i have hardly any clearance anyway, but i may come up with an idea to make it fit. this is how much room i don't have....
    [​IMG]
    as you can see, i already had to make a new manifold, but if i can get the new one to fit, (assuming i get it), I'll probably have to make another different manifold... the stock one was too long, and i didn't like the bend in it, i figures it restricted the flow a little... but thats just my opinion... i just rolled the odometer by 101 miles today. between yesterday and today i've put on 42 miles, and i still have just below a half a tank of gas on the bike, and that's the last of the first gallon i've put into it! it's sweeeeet!

it's 20-25 degrees F. out today, but i can't just not ride it! you know what i mean?
    -pianoman...

15. Barret

Barret Guest

Ahhhhhh....OK, now THAT makes sense. I was scratching my head earlier wondering what the 2nd motor-mount block was for! Thanks, Larry.

(I still have a lot to learn with these bikes! :???: )

16. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

[​IMG]
    I have nor oom to move the engine up, either. if i tilt the engine back, the spark plug will hit. if i tilt it forwrd, the carb will not fit, so it fits perfect and barley as it is. but anyway....

-pianoman

17. Barret

Barret Guest

pianoman - just cuious: what do you use for your front motor mount, since your front downtube is huge compared to what the motor was made to accept?

18. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

i used the longer threaded rods that i got with the kit, and soi took the shorter ones out, put in the longer ones, and used the half-moon shaped thing clamp whatever it's called to hold it on along with the washers, nuts, etc. this is the thing that came with my kit, just the regular part, i guess...
    [​IMG]
    i got the picture from thatsdax.com, it's the same exact part.
    and the threaded rods (extended bolts) just barely cleared to downtube. it's thicker than normal ones, and the bolts actually sit against it, but it works, so it's all good.

-pianoman

19. carb kits

I have a few, the system won't take my email mike at simpsonmotorbikes dot com 75 +10 to ship

20. BikeHacker

BikeHacker Guest

CNS carb

Canada is out of the CNS Revolution only has a few left. The CNS runs rich and it is easy to lean it out too much trying to get the engine to ring like it should. If your engine has a rod end bushing instead of a bearing run it rich. you will be able to hear your bushing going out long before it takes your whole motor with it and you can back your jet adjustment out to give it more lubrication at the expense of a bit of power and top end.