where can i get an upgraded carb?

Re: CNS carb

BikeHacker said:
Canada is out of the CNS Revolution only has a few left. The CNS runs rich and it is easy to lean it out too much trying to get the engine to ring like it should. If your engine has a rod end bushing instead of a bearing run it rich. you will be able to hear your bushing going out long before it takes your whole motor with it and you can back your jet adjustment out to give it more lubrication at the expense of a bit of power and top end.

thank you for a post where you weren't trying to sell me something
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
your answer leads me to believe you are a seller, why not identify yourself as one :?
if you are ethical and honest, there are customers here
if not, why waste everyone's time ?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

mike: your profile has your email addy, so it's all good.

btw-as we've had a bit of seller-friction lately, ie sellers only selling, we'd surely appreciate your social & technical input more regularly.

bikehacker: that's more like it, thanks. i get the feeling you have a lot to say, it's how it's said that determines whether your message is heard.

What am I up to?

Hi, well agreed...... I should probably spend a little more time telling what I and the people I hang with are doing, thanks for reminding me.

I am not doing much with the 2-strokes besides selling, and supporting them. I have already done carb mods, and expansion chambers, been involved with guys that are porting them, seen a couple shifer bikes, and am not finding any desire to do more.

I have dismantled and sold my last Grube in-tank bike, and the last of the direct bolt rear wheels I had. I also dismantled a couple of other motorbikes I had here ( there were 10 or so in my personal fleet).

What AM I doing? Well, I just sold 5 08 racers to a guy taking them to Hanford to show and sell (Bike Week), and his next move is to take them to the Cow Palace for the big motorcycle event. I have built and am ready to sell an 08 that is all powdered in blue, it is an auto-clutch Whizzer drivetrain, on Worksman wheels.

I have sourced out cool levers, "Killer" kill switches (vintage motorcycle repops), nice motorcycle type throttles, cloth covered wire, and cloth sparkplug wire. Little METAL clips to hold wires and cables to the bars and any 7/8 tube (may be able to get 1"). I have great saddles that are not expensive. I still have the full line of Cruiser Bike parts available. I have a couple sets of carb jets for the small carbs, and many parts for the china kits.

I ride Whizzers, and have a small line of performance parts, and dress-up items, also improved parts for the Whizzer powered machines. If Xcelsior Board Track Racers is sucessful ( I expect him to be) I will introduce the long awaited Simpson model 10 as a BTR kit, and for myself, a full motorcycle, fenders and all, I have a prototype already made.

3" lower than the 08, I expect production models to have 30 degree rake, with forward rockers on the same style springer I designed, same tank, risers instead or gooseneck, and a few other improvements, tho still the classic drop loop frame.

One of my associates has designed and built an exposed pushrod and rocker assembly OHV Whizzer conversion which makes more HP than stock whizzer and looks incredable. These are not cheap.

I do have pics of the 08 prototype, the 08 in Texas with a B&S Animal engine and Comet drive, a black one here in town, the first Xcelsior BTR, my blue 08, and a couple movies of the OHV, one just running, one riding, and one climbing a steep hill. I need to learn how to use the gallery and to embed pics, here is the youtube link to the Hill Climb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOcYUNQTr0 the builder is filming, with his buddy riding, notice that he starts the bike at the bottom, then rides up without a rolling start! stock Whizzer only makes about 2/3 to 3/4 of this hill I'm told.

Let me know what you're thinking, Mike

dude, you totally fit in socially! thanks, it's cool to get to know you :)

we'd love to hear more about your projects as they progress, if you wanted to start a "project thread" in general discussion, it'd be well protected from off-topic content 8)

08's Whizzers and AM builds

Hi Augie, and thanks for the kind words.
Maybe an "antique Motorcycle" topic would be a good idea? While many of you are thinking of building Choppers, and for the forward few "Bobbers" my interest has always been antique motorcycles. To make it easier to spell in the post "AM's".
Rif and a few others here do know me, I've been in this heavy for nearly 7 years I'd guess, starting as a dealer for the long gone "Angelwings" motorbike company, then into a Grube distrubitorship, and more recently (fall 05) Whizzer dealer.

A little suggestion would be I would love to see "Whizzer" in the engine catagories on profiles and such, especially since the "Mighty 138cc Flathead Whizzer" is the only US company making motorbikes, and kits (MFG is propietary Taiwan), and they will be here when the chinese 2-strokes finally dry up (R.I.P. it was so fun whaile it lasted!).

There are a few of us across the country building AM's, my first was over 5 years ago, there are pics of those two in the gallery on my website. Since that time, the extensive frame mods I required, practicly demanded a purpose built frame, which we now do.
Let me know what you think, Mike

Son of a Gunderson!

I will be ordering my first GEBE kit this Wendsday for an everyday rider and you guys show my this.
Now I want/need an '08 Racer from Simpsons as well as the bent tank Flying Merkel I saw over at Firebikes yesterday.
I didn't even feel the needle go in and I'm hooked. :eek: :D

Mike, I like your site, it presents itself well. *thumbs up*

Old School Bobber

Does anyone know what kinda frame i could use to design a Old school style bobber around?
Im lookin to go all out with it
an wanna good frame an fork an bars to start with
im lookin for sumthin 2nd hand or custom an cheap
post or personal mail me back
thanks

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have bought one of these performance carbs pictured one the first page and have fitted it to my 66cc engine. The air cleaner supplied didnt fit between the frame.
I have it running well without the aircleaner. Every type of air cleaner I have made makes it run rough.
As a last resort I pulled a section of old stocking over it. It works fine with one layer but if its doubled over again it runs rough. I have left it with the single layer of stocking for now. Does anyone have any solutions?
I even made a manifold that angled the carb out slightly. The supplied aircleaner fitted but it still ran rough (looked way cool though) Dave

Back