where can I get info?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by woods39, Apr 23, 2007.

1. woods39

woods39 Guest

..... Where can I get info on making gear reductions for my bike?

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

there are a coupla interesting threads about jackshafts, gearing, etc. around here.

if you describe what you have in mind, maybe someone'll have some input for ya...

3. woods39

woods39 Guest

My friend is putting one on my bike. He says it will make it faster, both torque and top speed. I just want some info on how it works and some pics of how others did it... I will search jackshaft on this site. Thanks

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

5. woods39

woods39 Guest

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if it's what you're looking for, jump on in on it & revive it :D

7. woods39

woods39 Guest

I still dont understand how they work. Do the BOTH increase torque and top speed... or is it one or the other?

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if you ask that question in that other thread, people will jump in and get things going for you.

9. woods39

woods39 Guest

ok will do thanks!!

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that was refreshing...thanks, woods39 :)

folks, you may have noticed i'm almost panicing in my attempt to organize this growing mess (but it's a good mess)

please, browse the older back pages once in a while...if you find a thread that touches on something you're interested in, post a reply and bump it up so people will see it's active...there's so much really cool info back there, we're afraid to throw anything away.

what's starting to occur is a re-hashing of the more common problems, theories, solutions, gripes, whatever...while we may have already solved or discussed or almost solved, etc, the good-thread got so far back that people don't find it and ask all over again. i figure that problem's on us (MBc) to figure out...we're "working" on it 8)