Where is stan4d?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Big Red, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Where in the world is Carmen......Oh, Sorry. I meant stan4d. He must still be gone as I have not been banned lately. I'm a little (very little) sorry to see him gone. He may have been quite hard at times but you have to admit he was really dedicated to this site. So, Anyone know why he was banned?
    I've seen this question asked in other area's of this site but that isn't the place for this question. I really would like to know what happend, but PLEASE no name calling, just the fact's. I know some are real P. od at him but that type of thing would not prove constructive.
    Just Curious,
    Big Red.

2. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

It's been a couple of days, No replies and only 8 viewings. I guess NO ONE cares about stan4d. I dont really blame anyone, I dont either. I was just curious.
    Big Red.

3. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Oh, it's not that nobody cares, but those of us who are "in the know" aren't in a position to talk about it.

4. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

There have been a lot of good men on this forum that are no longer here..That is all.

5. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

stan4d

Thanks Kilroy, I understand your position. Can I at least ask if he's ever coming back? Temp or perm on the ban?
    Thanks,
    Big Red.

6. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

good riddance

aint that the truth!!

ill be back when gas hits 4.50 lol.

good to see him gone......to bad he ran everyone off first.

im riding this now.

http://youtu.be/yHZpmk7e9Uk

7. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

I'm Still Here.

Yeah eastwoodo, He tried it with me,( to run me off). We'll, I'm still around and I ain't seen him here for month's. All he had to do was lighten up a little on some things, like the Newbie's. He would ban someone for an honest mistake. You were supposed to be fluent on this site from day one or you were in big trouble with him. And don't EVER disagree with him, (I think thats in the bible).
    Anyway, he gave me such a hard time when I was a noob that I'm not too sorry to see him gone. But just for the record, I do think in his own mind he thought he was doing the right thing, But so did Hitler.
    Big Red.

8. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

i think he had a childish mind.kinda let that little bit of authority go to his head.

9. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

10. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Banned

So did Hitler.

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Oh dear, who would think a little power could go to someones head.

I've long argued though that the site needs a place for people who are banned so they can still contribute ideas that may be relevant to improvement of this hobby, be it by technical refinement or product creation.

There seems to be a number of people who have banned, despite bringing piggy to market, making re-manufactured or newly designed components for purchase.

Sometimes a person may not agree with a moderator or member and politely (or not so politely) voice their opinion, yet being a power house of product development relevant to this hobby.
    It makes no sense to prevent that person from engaging with the site where others may wish to purchase his/her new or upgraded parts.

I don't agree with everyone but i still respect their technical ability or personal fortitude to make something happen when everyone else is only talking about it.
    Best to have a place in the forum where people can still have access to that person, yet they could be banned from the rest of the site, if it is deemed that they need to be banned.

Makes sense to me.

12. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

After that speach i'm going to throw my hat in the ring to be a moderator :)

13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

and i agree with Turtle Tedd:

There have been a lot of good men on this forum that are no longer here..That is all.

14. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

I might look into adding karma to the site, whereby other members can give good karma to members for good contributions and bad karma for bad contributions. That way everybody in the forum has a say and nobody should get banned as long as they have good karma.

15. professor

professor Active Member

Good answer Anton, this should be interesting!

16. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Just seems sensible to me.

Even so, there can still be branch stacking on the Karma thing, but at the end of the day a good (well engineered) product is a good (well engineered) product, even if the person has views that do not sit well with someones sensibilities, be it religious or secular philosophy or political persuasion, etc

Fabian

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Who knows, something positive may come out of this discussion or at least some method to enable a third way of looking at a situation.

18. Anton

Well I've added the reputation option so you now people can give good and bad feedback about other people's posts on the forum. Looks like reputation may have been used in the past as some people already have rep points.

There is a set of criteria which makes is so no one individual user can't click multiple times on the same persons reputation in really quick succession.

19. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Oh heck Anton

Now that we have the reputation option, my points tally will end up going way, way negative once my ex-girlfriend finds out about the new system; all her girlfriends signing up on the site to barrel roll my good name down a steep incline :)

You only have to forget a womans birthday once for it to raise **** in the household ;-)

20. Anton

Ha ha ha, you better watch out!