Where is the rotary cdi?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by rooooboy, May 16, 2009.

1. rooooboy

rooooboy New Member

HI guys,

Need help, i am trying to replace the cdi from my rotary bike with a whippersnipper one. is this just a picture of the coil or is it also the cdi all in one?? do i have to dig deeper to find the CDI is it mabye connected to the end of the blue wire?? see pics

any help thank you johnny

Attached Files:

• cd2.jpg
      File size:
      72.9 KB
    • cdi1.jpg
      File size:
      76.8 KB

2. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

Is the plug wire connected to this unit?.If so you have a magneto which directly supplies the voltage to the plug.If there is a separate unit which is connected to this device and in turn is connected to the plug you have most likely CDI system.I strongly suspect you have a magneto.
  3. rooooboy

rooooboy New Member

yes the plug is directly conected to this magneto.

ppl onhere talk about upgradingthe cdi to improve performance, mabyethis isnt the case!
  4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

If your simply trying to relace your CDI for better performance your most likely going to be out of luck....rotary parts seem to be very purpose-made & not interchangeable with anything else.
    PM BoltsMissing.....he's a rotary guy who does repairs & is also a local Rotary Vendor.
  5. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Location of CDI

I'll just post some pictures of Rotary CDI location.

Attached Files:

6. rooooboy

rooooboy New Member

wow strange my def did not have that in the rear cover.

nothingat all.
  7. capt.seb

capt.seb New Member

Cdi box where can i get one

where can i buy one of those blue cdi boxes mine took a dump and i dont know where to purchase one
  8. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member