Where order the engine? MORINIMOTORI FM128

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Taiwanese "pro-rotary" engines are clones of the Sachs, they differ in a few ways: The Sachs has a decompressor valve linked to the exhaust - if there's exhaust back pressure, the valve opens and drops the compression ratio. The Sachs has head and barrel in one, on the pro-rotary they're separate. Sachs sold off the division that handled the Saxonette/Spartamet to a German bike maker called Hudson. There's another Taiwanese company called McLee who sell bikes already built with a similar motor, web site is www.twforsen.com don't know if it's that exact one or another copy. They use the frame downtube as the fuel tank, and managed to patent that! Reasonable pricing, they offer their bike for $450 US, although there's no shipping in that figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try 1977 Mopeds under the motorized bicycle heading. Aprox. $500.

I think, Morini FM128 is underpowered for bicycle and also, I don't think it's good idea to put all engines weight on rear wheel (It's about 6kg).
I'd like to put Morini S6-E on bike, but don't know where they are sold and how much would it cost.

Sianelle, I like that bike too! I've got a Sachs, it's rated at 200W. In that ad for the Morini, it states that it's rated at 1 hp, about 750W. I've seen the Morini advertised here in Oz on ebay for about AUD 500, but that was just the engine! That price is great (plus the exchange rate works my way, too). I'll enquire what the shipping cost will be to get it here from NZ, it'd even be worthwhile for me to get them to pull the wheel, engine, rack and tank from the bike and ship that. There's a review here, http://www.bicycleengine.com/ that doesn't give the Morini a very good rap, but I think a few bugs can be worked out without too much trouble.
Keep us posted, hmm?

Thanks for that link Zumer :D

I notice that that the reviewer was using his Morini for off-road MTB type riding though. I just want mine for riding on the road and like you I realised that the whole bike was being sold for around the cost of the engine alone. If the MTB cycleparts aren't up to much I fully intend to fit the engine to one of my 1950s English bicycles and then I'll sell off the MTB to recoup some of my costs.
John Mann at Motrax is very approachable and is a nice guy to deal with btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back