Where to find 6 splined sprockets?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Wheres my dog, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Attached, is a picture of the one I have from DAX that fits onto his PTO unit... I believe it is stated as a 1/2" shaft

I need more then 10 teeth on the drive sprocket as I am using this on a trailer which has 12" wheels.

Jackshafts are not the answer as I can not find the higher teeth counts for #41 chain, and trying to keep this compact and simple.

Anyone know where I might find a 6 splined sprocket like this with 15+ tooth count?

I tried McMaster Carr, but with no luck...

Attached Files:

2. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

3. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

The pocket bikes site has splined sprockets, but they look to be for 8mm chain...

Would like to stay with #41, but would be happy if someone finds #35 chain splined sprockets even
  4. spad4me

spad4me Member

5. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

I saw a nine tooth somewhere once, but that is about as small as you can physically go due to the diameter of the sprocket not leaving enough *meat* to machine before hitting the shaft. I ran into the same problem on another application and went to the metric chain and pocket bike sprockets on the big side.

Also the 1/2 inch pitch becomes cumbersome from a speed point of view. Hence the #25 chain on a lot of pocket bikes.