Where to get expansion chamber for Tanaka 33CC?

Crosshair_84

Local time
2:26 PM
Well I picked up some of the $89 Tanaka 33 CC engines last year and really like the bike I put together and the engine has broken in nicely. My problem is that I am looking for an expansion chamber that will mount to it to get the extra power and I am having problems finding any that are actually in stock and available for a reasonable price.

Anyone have a source? Thanks.

best option for the "brushcutter" style engines is on fleabay, under "1:5 rc car parts"

best option for the "brushcutter" style engines is on fleabay, under "1:5 rc car parts"

Wow, thanks. Lots of options here.

Here is one that looks promising. Being for RC cars none of them come with cans on them, but those are easy to get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLOY-TUNIN...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c4eeb242

$(KGrHqV,!lcE6h)6uy23BOq-C5zdvg~~60_57.JPG

What do you all think? A good idea? Cheap enough, $38, I could buy two so I have another for one of the other engines I have.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I managed to get one for the 32cc bike I have - it was originally designed for a tanaka powered go cart, so it needed some adjustment but the difference was amazing.

The top end gains 5mph - but the real difference is in the mid range and torque.

On a particular hill (layer hill) locally the 32cc alone would be doing 22mph and bogging by the end of the steep section.

With the pipe fitted the terminal speed was 28mph and able to accelerate if pushed.

It probably wont do anything for economy - but at 189mpg @ WOT it doesnt do badly.

A more efficient way of doing a tuned pipe would be some sort of vacuum controlled exhaust valve - when the bike is on the flat it exhausts from the normal *production* exhaust - when accelerating or going up hill, the valve opens up the exhaust into the tuned pipe to give more power @ less economy. This is basically what sports cars with 'tuned exhaust' systems use, although 4-bangers use variable backpressure more than a tuned pipe type exhaust.

on eBay, type in Bladez pipe.
I got one a few weeks ago for 36.99 but the seller seems out of stock.
The pipe works real well like Jemma says.
-Lowracer-

Back