Where to use threadlock on motorbike?

Monkeyboy13

Local time
8:16 AM
Hey guys. I'm putting a grubee 66cc motor kit on my bike, but I'm wondering, which bolts should I put threadlock on? I see that the ones fo that back sprocket assembly have lock washers on them. Will those be enough? or should I still use threadlock? Also, should I use red or blue locktite? Thanks for your help guys!

I use it sparingly,putting it on threads i'm confidant won't need to be loosened for ages....even then i only use the blue.
Spring washers & lock-nuts are more than adequate most of the time.

I used red and blue on everything i could think of,head studs ,carb/exhaust studs ,only thing i didnt use it on was the kickstand which started to fall off after 3 rides so i got it also lol..

I use red on the engine head, intake, and exhaust along with lock nuts. If need be I can heat the stud to remove. If I can't heat it I don't use it.

I use the blue loctite on EVERY nut, bolt & screw on the bike except the throttle. I have logged over 2,500 miles this summer and nothing vibrated loose or gave me any problems.

Use threadlock on the left sprocket cover, that contains the clutch arm.
Following a shaft bearing replacement, I was riding to work when all the screws
vibrated out of that cover, leaving me with no way to release the clutch.
I found the engine cover, but had to crank the clutchless engine to a start after every traffic light stop. Whew!

Back