Which bike is right for me?

Regular_commuter

Local time
7:34 AM
I'm looking for a bike that is either gas motorized or electric. I am specifically looking for bike that doesn't require auto insurance.

My needs are that, I require it to go 30-40mph sustained speed while maintaining a range of at least 60-100 miles on a single charge/tank fill.

Price Range: $3000 and under.

What bike is right for me?

Thx

No one can answer that ? for you, theres too many options, bicycle choices, engines and drive kits. You need to narrow it down to like inframe, rear rack, type of bicycle etc. What are Ark. laws like?

with a Grubee 2 stroke engine you will need to raise the exhaust port some and lower the intake port some to get that kinda speed.

Buy a Whizzer....they're are still new leftovers around for $1100 or so...Well I looked around and found none for that price nd looked for an ambasador and the distance to ship... let's just say a bout $2400. so I gave up on the Whizzer idea. There never were dealers in the area here, so I just think about it....

Check your local laws first. There are a few states, like New York, that will not allow gas assisted bikes on the road under any circumstances. Search the legal/legislation subforum on this site for your state.
Also, you can get a good used small motorcycle for $2000 (250cc Rebel, Ninja, Virago, etc) so study before you buy.

I found this on another site. AR is motorized bicycle friendly.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=27851&highlight=arkansas
I think a decent mountain bike or beach cruiser with a two stroke motor, jackshaft shifter kit and a few minor engine bolt-ons will come
close to achieving your performance goals for under $1000.
Two things:
The motorbike is legal in AR, but they will likely ticket you for driving much over 25mph on it.
A motorbike that will do 30-40mph needs a strong front brake like a disc or a good drum like Sturmey-Archer or Shimano-Nexus.

Back