Which exhaust???

Wags

Local time
2:36 AM
I have heard much about the kx65 exhaust. Crmachine even sells the adaptors to make install easier and it is close to the 66- 67 displacement on these "80" cc engines. On the other hand I recently have heard about the yz85 being a better match. The guys at jnmotors swear by the yz pipe and say that have dyno'd the kx, ktm, cr and the yz and the yz is best of all. All are expensive and I will have to choose. My choice is between the kx65 and the yz85. Does anyone have any personal experience with either of these two exhausts?

No matter what you still need your motor to be tuned to it. we get good results with no mufflers .it all way pays to get the best if you do.

I couldn't say i have never had one .but i have seen some nice ones to look at.

I use a stick bike parts exhaust. Works well. It would probably help to wrap the header though with something to stop leaks once adjusted and mounted properly, not that it really affected performance much, but when I gorilla glue the leaks before it burns up theirs slightly better performance and no exhaust leak at wot. Though you can use high temp silicone hose they provide.

I use the MZMiamaipartz dirtbike pipe, plug'n'play pipe that just works and it comes in chrome.

I was running the SBP pipe when I created this thread. Im running the yz85 fatty now. Much bette r sounding and power band seems to be stronger. Even if it isnt, it sounds fantastic. I'm always looking for something better.

Back